Movies about ex-boyfriends who hang on?

Does anyone know of any movies that involve an ex-boyfriend who hangs on? My girlfriend and I are having some issues with a really persistent ex (as in, he moved all the way across the world to city with a really high unemployment rate ostensibly to "find work," although he's admitted he wants her back). She feels bad about his obvious mental health issues, and doesn't want to push him away because she's worried he'll commit suicide. She told him she's under no condition getting back together with him, but they can be friends if he wants. I've pointed out that not pushing him away more is actually the less compassionate way to deal with this, because it prevents him from moving on, and I've suggested alternatively that maybe we could try to help him find some resources to deal with his mental health issues. She and I really like to watch movies together, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any movies that deal with persistent exes (other than Something About Mary). I think this might help her think about the issue a bit, and get some other perspectives. Comedies and dramas are both great. Thanks!
By the way, I'm feeling very good about the stability of our relationship - we have very clear communication about the issue, and we both understand that it's a problem, so it's not like she's doing stuff behind my back. I'd just like her to see from an independent perspective that long-term this isn't going to be the healthiest thing for our relationship or for this particular guy.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• So you want a movie to help push your ideals. Interesting. The only movies I can think of are horror movies, sorry.