On a break with my boyfriend, need advice on what might happen

Please read about my break situation!

My boyfriend of almost one year out of the blue told me that he is questioning our relationship. Like he's getting annoyed with little things all the time, he feels like he misses out on guys nights, and we spend too much time together. I asked if he wanted to break up and he said maybe, but that he'd still want to be best friends and hang out/hook up like the same amount, just without the pressure/obligations of a serious relationship. But he "still loves me"...

I told him that I can't do that - it would be too hard emotionally. I said we could stay together and work on things, or break up completely, in which case I'll basically disappear from his life.

He couldn't stand that idea, so instead we decided to take a break for a week or two to see how we feel/what we want after that.

He contacted me today, after only 5 days. He didn't even wait the week or two he had said he wanted. And his friend said he was moping around all week, not hanging out with people or going anywhere, but just watching TV and going to bed super early. So I know he was sad.

We are supposed to meet tomorrow. He kept sending me smiley faces and really nice texts when we were setting up our meeting today (the first time we've talked since last weekend).. and he has been snap chatting me ever since (lol). So I know I'm on his mind constantly during this "break".

Do you think he'll break up with me tomorrow, or is it possible for those five days to give him a renewed sense of happiness with me?

I think we could really be a stronger couple if we worked on our little issues, I just wish I knew if that was where his head is at or if he's planning on ending it.

HELP ME! All opinions welcome!

40

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I find the fact that he sent you smileys and everything a bit suspicious on his part. My advice is to brace yourself for a break-up so that if he does not, you would be even more grateful. It is hard to give you an answer to your question. I do agree, however, that it is possible for someone to realize that the one you are with is really the one you love. People usually do not realize what they have until they lose it. I have a feeling that one of his friends may have made the comment that he was hanging out with you too much and made him believe that spending too much time with you is bad (which is not true at all). This would be in the case that he truly does care for you but just got convinced to start "questioning the relationship."

I want to say that it was an excellent idea to take a break and see how things go. I guess tomorrow you will see.

Good luck :)