I think I have an addiction to my ex boyfriend

So I done everything to get over him. But I wake up thinking about him and he's the last thing on my mind at night. I'm good I don't check up on him I don't stalk him but when he got with another girl is when I got obsessed. Hoping he'll come back etc. here's the real issue. he's a narcissist. Attention seeker ego boaster insecure not so nice person. So why am I addicted? Suppose we get addicted to things that are bad for you yes? I need help please guys. What should I do to stop this?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• I think nearly everyone still holds feelings for their ex somewhere in their heart even if they don't like to admit it. You're not addicted to him as you're actions regarding him would be a lot stranger. It sounds like you still have quite strong feelings for him which is making it harder for you to forget about him. You know that his personality and the way he acted was the reason you guys broke up but you still like him anyway. I think you should move on. When you find yourself thinking about him, call up a friend and ask if they want to hang out. If you're with someone that starts to talk about him and what he's been doing, ask them to change the subject to something a little more fun. Put things in your way so that your mind will focus on them instead of him. Maybe even try and start looking for another guy. Someone that you're really happy with and that takes your mind off your ex. Keep telling yourself that he's not a nice person and that you're better off without him because by the way you've described him he doesn't sound like the best person to be around. I hope I helped! Good luck!