Should I forgive him and get over this?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 2.5 years and almost a year ago we took a break for a month because we were both dealing with very low points on our lives.

In that time he had slept with a girl he knew from college and I was with another guy, although we didn't sleep together.

I contacted him and told him that I loved him (for the first time) and we got back together but sometimes this does come back to haunt me and I don't want to ruin the really good thing we have going on now but it does tend to make me feel insecure every now and then.

What should I do?

54

Most Helpful Guy

• you were not together at the time he had no idea if you 2 would get back together or not. doesn't make a difference if you didn't sleep with this other guy or not the fact you were apart from (your now BF) you were still with another guy not him. the fact that you got back together means you start back out as being fresh again. what you 2 did while on your break or separation is past . not much you can do about it. forgive him and forgive yourself as well and move forward with the relationship your in . also you failed to mention if this was a one night stand with this ex friend of his or like you an on going relationship.

i do get the feeling though by your post that it was or might have been just a one night stand or very short lived one. why hold this over him . you were with another guy he had no reason to suspect you 2 would get back together... unless you 2 had been talking about the possibility of that happening. you don't make it clear as to when you contacted him to tell him you loved him (for the 1st time while in a 2.5 year relationship is what I find hard to believe) had you stop seeing the other guy (dating ,or just bff type guy <the reason I say this is you were with a guy for 30 days and no sex so this says he may have been one of the type guys some women put in the friend zone . maybe just so you wouldn't have to be alone and to have some one to talk to.

maybe I'm reading to much into your posting here but I'm pretty good at how people puts things in writing to interpet what they are saying without saying it. if I'm and my speculations I'll apologize now but ? lol...

hope this helped some ... I know somewhat long winded ,lol...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE