Girlfriend's Deoderant/antipersperant?

My girlfriend showers Monday nights, Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings. If she is overdue for a shower(ex. Friday night), her B.O. is off the charts.

Question is do I bring up this issue with her?

Any advice?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, this kind of thing can only be fixed by her being embarrassed and wanting to fix her image.

I'd be straight up with her, but make it more about how YOU FEEL than an attack on her. Proceed like this:

"Hey honey, I have something a little embarrassing to ask you."

"What?"

"Well, I hate to bring this up, but I've just been thinking...I really love touching you, hugging you, and giving you kisses. You're a very attractive girl, and I can't tell you how lucky I feel to be with you. The only problem is...sometimes, I get a little distracted. You smell so wonderful and clean the days after you just get a shower, and I was wondering if you might consider washing up every night? It really turns me on when you smell like [whatever her soap is], but on other days, it's a little bit of a turn off. Would you do that for me? I'd give you extra affection every single day ;)

• If she doesn't take the bait and doesn't change, you're going to have to be more blunt. Say, "Sweety, would you mind washing up today? You're always pretty but your hair looks a little greasy today, and I don't want my friends to think I'm a bad boyfriend for not taking care of you.