Is This Cheating? Emotional or Otherwise?

I have been dating a woman for about 3 months (7 dates). I think we are getting more serious. We only see each other every week or 10 days because of our crazy schedules. I would like it to work out but feel we need to connect more frequently.

A good friend of mine wants me to have dinner with her husband and a woman they want to introduce me to. They say she is "fabulous". She lives about three hours away so there really isn't much chance it could be very serious. If I go to dinner with them is that cheating? Thanks in advance for your advice

81

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not cheating, you're having dinner at a friend's house and meeting a friend of hers. Ok, she might be introducing you with the intention it goes past a nice dinner with mutual friends, but it doesn't have to. There is no harm in meeting other people in such a casual sense, there's nothing even really underhanded about it provided you don't seek out meeting other women.

I say if you tell the woman you're dating about the dinner, mention you're going and your friend's also inviting a female friend, you have nothing to worry about. Then tell her about the dinner afterward.

I don't know where you guys are exactly in the commitment department, but to me 7 dates isn't exactly a long-term commitment. You should always be upfront about what you're doing and what you want out of the relationship, but at this stage, you certainly don't need to do more than that.