First ex-girlfriend!

Hi there.

I'll get straight to the business: ~6 months ago, I broke up with my girlfriend of 1,5 years - she was my first real girlfriend. I'm not regretting it - it was the right thing to do. I do realize that getting over someone does take time, and it's individual for every person.

My problem is that I often have this disturbing feeling in my gut, whenever something reminds me of her. The feeling is weird: at the same time it's both good and bad. Good in the way that it is a nice memory to experience, bad in the way that I miss her. The worst ones are the ones when I'm at work (I work in a nursery school), and I imagine me being a dad (which I'm very much looking forward to), the mom just doesn't feel right if I don't imagine my ex.

I can't stand the thought of her being single and enjoying it, with what follows.

I really feel like I need her when I experience something bad, like my parents' divorce, university trouble, insecurities or problems with friends - when we were together, I could always talk to her, and she UNDERSTOOD ME. Something which I've never really experienced with anyone else.

Am I just an oversensitive freak who thinks about having a family way too early?! I guess I just need someone else's view on this. Will I ever feel this way about another girl?!

In trying to get over her faster, I've been hooking up with a couple of girls (which helped a little), writing a list of all her bad traits and just filing my schedule with tons of stuff.

Please do not suggest getting back with her - I don't want to, and it would not work out.

171

Most Helpful Girl

• This is normal. You're not oversensitive. You're just someone who genuinely had feelings about your ex-girlfriend, which is a good thing. This means you were actually in love. To answer your question I think it is very possible to feel this way about another girl again. You're on the right path with trying to get over her and sticking with your decision. Its going to take a lot of time but hang in there!