So if you are married and you wife cheats on you

why are you held accountable for another mans kid if you get divorced? why should a man have to pay child support for her kid?

link
Updates:
this happens all the time its called paternity fraud and its not illegal. genetic studies show that upwards of 30% of kids are not actually the fathers like he things they are

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't say if the guy loved those children. Do you think he did? Do you think he stopped loving them once he knew what their mother had done? I wonder if the kids know that the man they thought was their father isn't their dad. I wonder if the kids loved him. If they do know their dad isn't their dad, I wonder how they feel about that.

It's horrible, what that woman did to that man and those children. She should be punished... I'm not sure how, but she should be. You are right when you say that it's not his problem that the kids will suffer... and also you are wrong. If he loves them- if he ever loved them- their suffering IS his problem, because that's how love works. Especially love for a child that may not be your blood, but is still your very own.

Those kids did nothing to deserve this. The guy didn't either, of course. But he is an adult, and they are children- can you imagine how earth-shaking this must be for them? When you're a kid your parents are your whole world, and theirs has been shattered. Was that judge right to order the guy to support those kids? Probably not. But I feel like he should want to. I feel like he should still be their dad. If he loved them and raised them, and they love him and he's Daddy... then why can't he be their father? I mean, wouldn't he want to? SHOULDN'T he want to? He's their father, even if he isn't. Bonds are bonds, right? Otherwise adoption wouldn't work.

I hope someone drops a house on that woman... but only after all her kids are grown. It may not be the right thing to say, but that's how *I* feel.

0|0
    0|0
    • its only his problem if he chooses to make it his problem but the choice should be his alone. it all boils down to choice and freewill and in this country men are not afforded that by the law unless we forgo relationships with women

• I don't know what to say to that. I agree with you that this guy was done incredibly dirty. I don't think he should sh*t-can those kids. But if you feel the need to forgo having relationships with women to protect your rights, then by all means please do so- with my blessing, for what that's worth. People do bad sh*t to other people... sometimes good guys get a raw deal. Sometimes good women do, too. What else is there to say? Shit happens, it's not *my* rule.

• sure but women can't be legally f***ed over the same way men can.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• wow. that's retarded. there really is no good solution since the other fathers shouldn't pay if they don't want the children,and the mothers can't pay by themselves-but condemning one father to paying is just an unfair solution. the mothers should be held accountable for this kind of crap.

0|1
    0|0
  • That is complicated. On one hand there is no way the a man should have to pay for kids that are not his but on the other hand the kids will be the ones who suffer. Also if he doesn't pay you can be guaranteed he won't have access to them eventhough he is the only father they've ever known. By right the natural father should be tracked down but then imagine getting that call, you're asked to pay child support for a child you've never met, probably didn't know even existed and who called another man Dad.

0|0
    1|4
    • its not his problem that the kids will suffer

• Well she should've kept her legs closed then if she couldn't take care of the kids herself. So kids suffering is completely on her and not her ex-husband.

• I was simply stating that it is the kids and obviously him that will suffer. I'm not advocating what she did or that he's being asked to pay for kids that aren't his, not to mention the money he's already spent and the emotional investment.

• Idk but in Texas whoever you are married to at the time of birth is the legal father. If the guy finds out its not his get a DNA test and if proves he isn't the father then he has no legal responsibly to that child.

0|0
    0|0
    • it doesn't work that way in most of the country

• Show All
    • That isn't right. I have always said men get the short end of the stick when it comes to child support and visitation.

• men get the short end of the stick in legal matters period

• that must really suck, but they love the kids because they tought they were theirs

0|0
    0|0
  • that is so sad!

0|0
    0|0
  • I don thing the facts are right

0|0
    0|3
    • ok, thing all you want

• 30%? Get your facts right. You mras blow everything out of proportion.

0|0
    0|3
    • i said upwards of 30% meaning the maximum

• the man couldĀ“ve also kept the kids and asked her for child support

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 3

• That's just retarded, why on earth should he pay for the kids that aren't his. That judge should be permanently barred. She's the wh*re that has kids with 3 different guys that aren't his husbands. On what possible grounds could he be made to pay that wh*re for the kids that aren't his?

That judge was probably smoking something, and should be removed. Her ex-husband should not pay a dime for those kids or be eligible to pay her anything at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the government, courts and the legal system favour women. Ofcourse it shouldn't be this way - it's completely unfair. But that's how it is and you've got to plan accordingly. Don't get married. Don't walk into that minefield and hope the mine you step on is a dud, just stay out of there altogether.

0|1
    1|0
  • Let us just assume that the facts are right.

- Yes. It is easier said than done.

- We certainly can never in those mens' shoes.

As much as I want to say that he should not pay the child support, I would say he should pay. I would give you my reasons.

- He did not know that those girls are not his children, until the divorce process started.

- When he married her, he actually not only accepted her responsibility but everything associated with her.

Now this leaves me with a question. Does this act of woman comes under fraudulent?

0|0
    0|0
    • it should and she should be required to pay him back

Recommended myTakes