Why would you not let go of an ex girlfriend/ keep tabs on an ex girlfriend?

its like the red string of fate with me and my first love. our relationship ended many years ago in a very harsh.ugly way. I told him half a year ago that I didn't think we should ever talk to each other again, and, upset, he agreed. granted, he found me again and he seems so happy to see me...but he has a serious gf.

what's the point of keeping tabs on me? why would someone do that?
edit add : he can be really cruel sometimes, so if I'm sure he actually dislikes me. so why would he keep tabs on me if he hates me?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• He can't let go. I doubt anyone would really want to be close friends with a first love or someone they actually loved... Sure you can be polite and greet. I don't think hanging out in the same circles or casually talking all the time works for most people.

What sort of tabs do you mean ?

• he has me on all his online sites (the ones that his girlfriend doesn't have access to)

he doesn't talk to me

however I asked him why he'd come and find me and he wouldn't answer, he just said he wouldn't tell me

then he changed it to "someone told me to talk to you" however we have no mutual friends now nor is he actually talking to me