How long do you wait for your ex to call?

I have broken up with my ex-boyfriend because he was "just in the relationship". Basically, I was too easy too catch. I'm a little wiser for it, but another dilemma has sprung forth. In a previous relationship years ago I didn't wait long enough for him to contact me. And I soon as I began dating he contacted me and my then boyfriend was at my house. And it crushed me and caused great regret for years. I don't want to make the same mistake but I realize there has to be a point when I have to move on. I've moved on in other ways, but if he contacts me I don't want the repeat the same mistake by getting caught up in a rebound relationship. But if a guy cared, how long does he wait to make contact again? A month, a year?
Updates:
I have a suspicion he won't be calling since he hung up on me when I told him the ball was in his court and I was not going to chase him anymore.
You know it would be so much easier if he would've just admitted to not being interested or wanting to be in the relationship. But he wouldn't admit to it. That's the confusing part. Unless he wants no responsibility for the break up but I thought guys were pretty honest when it came to that kind of stuff. Problem is that I'm in a mind game that I've refused to play. If a girl only asked you to do some small thing to reaffirm the relationship, why wouldn't you do it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• What's horrible is that it's unpredictable and depends on the male in question. Your best bet is actually to not keep track. When your feelings genuinely fade just pick up and carry on. They will fade. If it takes a week, sure, a month, whatever, ten years, well that's a bit excessive but you get the idea.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't. They're my "ex" for a reason. I've never taken an ex back, I don't intend to start now. Depending on how bad the break up was, I might not even answer if she does call. I list the ones I don't want to hear from as "Don't answer". I also set the ring tone to absolute silence so I won't even hear when she calls. Problem solved.

0|0
    0|0
    • Did an ex ever break up with you because she felt you didn't want her around?

• Not as far as I know. I've never felt that way about any of my ex's. I wanted them around and I loved them.

• You broke up with him, lol get a clue... I hope he doesn't get back with you I hope he's already dating someone who doesn't play mind games.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• He won't speak to you soon just go on living your life

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't wait for him to call

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't think he would tlak to me until a couple of months latter.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes