How long do you wait for your ex to call?

I have broken up with my ex-boyfriend because he was "just in the relationship". Basically, I was too easy too catch. I'm a little wiser for it, but another dilemma has sprung forth. In a previous relationship years ago I didn't wait long enough for him to contact me. And I soon as I began dating he contacted me and my then boyfriend was at my house. And it crushed me and caused great regret for years. I don't want to make the same mistake but I realize there has to be a point when I have to move on. I've moved on in other ways, but if he contacts me I don't want the repeat the same mistake by getting caught up in a rebound relationship. But if a guy cared, how long does he wait to make contact again? A month, a year?
I have a suspicion he won't be calling since he hung up on me when I told him the ball was in his court and I was not going to chase him anymore.
You know it would be so much easier if he would've just admitted to not being interested or wanting to be in the relationship. But he wouldn't admit to it. That's the confusing part. Unless he wants no responsibility for the break up but I thought guys were pretty honest when it came to that kind of stuff. Problem is that I'm in a mind game that I've refused to play. If a girl only asked you to do some small thing to reaffirm the relationship, why wouldn't you do it?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont