Why is my ex acting so weird towards me when we're just friends?

Me and my ex had been friends for 4 years prior to actually dating. We always flirted and had sexual tension and finally we just decided to be together. We were together for only a short while because school and the distance made things hard for the relationship, and truthfully, going into the relationship we both knew that once school started back up, things would fizzle out. Things were fine up until October/November when he pulled away from me. His father passed away and he started hooking up with all of these girls, yet he was mad when I started hooking up with other guys. We've had a standoff-ish thing going on between us until this summer came around. We've seen each other multiple times, just as friends. He has a girlfriend now that he's had for a while actually. When we first saw each other it was totally fine. We sat for hours catching up and talking. We hung out a few more times, again strictly as friends, my sister was even around during the times he was with me so it wasn't awkward. Despite all of this, he started being really standoff-ish again out of nowhere. He is friends with my friends and he will literally come to my house when they are over and ask them to come outside instead of him having to come inside (and see me, I'm guessing). Can anyone help me figure out what's going on with him? We've both made it clear that we're over what we had, but I still feel bitter and it doesn't help that he's being so bipolar with the way he acts towards me. HELP!

40

Most Helpful Girl

• he just hasn't gotten over things