Moving in together is it a bad or good idea

My girlfriend lives 3 hrs away from me and it has been frustrating me that we see each other 2hrs a day 3 times a week. Even so when we are having fun she always leaves early to catch the bus. I was telling her I may not be able to do this. As she is not available and accessible she replies let us move in together. It has been 6 weeks and while I do care for her I am not sure about this.

What is your opinion on moving in together?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• How long have you two been together?

Moving in together is a huge commitment. In order for it to work, you have to do it with the best intentions and for the right reasons.

You both need to have a discussion about why she wants to live with you and how you feel about it. Be honest with her. She might threaten to leave if you say no, but you can't live with her if you aren't feeling ready.

Is there any way for her to move closer to you or vice versa? Maybe this could be a compromise. Make a plan. If you do see yourself being with her for a long-time, but aren't ready to live with her, let her know.

It's not going to do either of you any good if she moves in with you and then you can't stand living with her or feel you are being rushed.

So have this discussion. You two should live together because it's something you both want. Not because you don't feel you see her much or because you want to save money or some other reason like that.

There are other ways to see her more often. Maybe one person relocating is what is needed. Talk it over with her, see what she thinks.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I think if you guys have only been together 6 weeks, you need to wait longer and just see how ya'lls relationship goes. If you have no problems and you guys communicate effectively with each other, then I say try it and see how it goes!

But yeah I would wait a little longer. Like another month. Just see how things go between you guys. Good luck :)

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest it don't sound that it's the right time at the moment for you guys. I would say give it a little more time.

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be a bad idea

0|0
    0|0
  • bad idea

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think it is a good idea, it is too soon

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its too soon.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't sound like the best idea. You do see her frequently. And after 6 weeks, how well do you really know her? My guy lives 2 hours away. I see him for half a day every 5 weeks. This has been going on for months. We've never talked about moving in together and I wouldn't even consider it before the one-year mark. We have discussed that I will be moving closer (within 30 minutes) in a few months when my lease is up. That was discussed the first week we started dating. Long distance only works if you have a plan like that.

0|0
    0|0
    • How did you meet him? Do you feel like you're getting to know him seeing him so little? Do you trust him completely? I only ask because my boyfriend lives about 2 hours away as well. I always worry about if it's worth it.

• Online but turns out we run in the same social circle so I'd seen him before. Yes, I trust him 100% and I do feel like I am getting to know him. I think it's worth it. I'll know more at the end of this month, I find out if I can actually move closer to him. The distance now is 1.5 hours (I moved up a bit LOL) but the biggest issue is that he works around 100 hours week.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes