Moving in together is it a bad or good idea

My girlfriend lives 3 hrs away from me and it has been frustrating me that we see each other 2hrs a day 3 times a week. Even so when we are having fun she always leaves early to catch the bus. I was telling her I may not be able to do this. As she is not available and accessible she replies let us move in together. It has been 6 weeks and while I do care for her I am not sure about this.

What is your opinion on moving in together?

80

Most Helpful Girl

• How long have you two been together?

Moving in together is a huge commitment. In order for it to work, you have to do it with the best intentions and for the right reasons.

You both need to have a discussion about why she wants to live with you and how you feel about it. Be honest with her. She might threaten to leave if you say no, but you can't live with her if you aren't feeling ready.

Is there any way for her to move closer to you or vice versa? Maybe this could be a compromise. Make a plan. If you do see yourself being with her for a long-time, but aren't ready to live with her, let her know.

It's not going to do either of you any good if she moves in with you and then you can't stand living with her or feel you are being rushed.

So have this discussion. You two should live together because it's something you both want. Not because you don't feel you see her much or because you want to save money or some other reason like that.

There are other ways to see her more often. Maybe one person relocating is what is needed. Talk it over with her, see what she thinks.