What can I do to occupy myself until I go back to school?

My boyfriend and I of 5 years broke up about 3 months ago. We've been together since I was 16, and even though we were on again/off again, he is still the only boyfriend I'v had. I'm going back to school in August and want to focus solely on myself until then. I am trying to lose weight and get fit so I work out, I try to hang out with my friends more - even though I'd rather be alone sometimes - and go out once in awhile. Basically I want to improve myself or at least pamper myself. Any ideas or things that help you feel better about yourself are welcomed.

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Youre doing everything right, apart from one thing:

- don't let yourself be alone frequently because that's when things start getting to you and old memories/feelings come up. Your brain works overtime because there's nothing else to distract it.

Just get out and about, meet new people, get a job etc etc. Carry on with yoyr life and just replace the time you would have spent with him with time you can spend with other people.