What can I do to occupy myself until I go back to school?

My boyfriend and I of 5 years broke up about 3 months ago. We've been together since I was 16, and even though we were on again/off again, he is still the only boyfriend I'v had. I'm going back to school in August and want to focus solely on myself until then. I am trying to lose weight and get fit so I work out, I try to hang out with my friends more - even though I'd rather be alone sometimes - and go out once in awhile. Basically I want to improve myself or at least pamper myself. Any ideas or things that help you feel better about yourself are welcomed.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Youre doing everything right, apart from one thing:

- don't let yourself be alone frequently because that's when things start getting to you and old memories/feelings come up. Your brain works overtime because there's nothing else to distract it.

Just get out and about, meet new people, get a job etc etc. Carry on with yoyr life and just replace the time you would have spent with him with time you can spend with other people.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• GET A JOB

What's with all the anonymity, bro?

0|0
    1|0
    • Because I like anonymity, bro, it's fun

AND I HAVE A JOB

thanks

• the least you can do is not allow anonymous answers, ass

get another one?

you're welcome

• You can always be my friend duhhh

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Be the best you can be. I started linkedin and started exercising. I started my career and I passed my first month review with flying colors. You can started to volunteer, research, or work. It is all based on your life goal. I would focus on you right now because you are young. This is the time to get your life together!

0|0
    0|0
  • well what I will do is do diy of clothes, get tanned, help my mom on house chores and read tons of books.

0|0
    0|0
  • get a job, try to learn a language or read a lot of classic books

1|0
    0|0
  • Volunteer?

0|0
    0|0
  • get a job?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes