First break up - CONFUSED - enlighten me please

So 2 and a half months ago I broke up with my boyfriend whom we've dated for 2 years. Throughout these 2 years we've broken up and gotten back together countless times for the same reasons but I thought that it's time to end it.

During the break up, I tried to make it as nice and as friendly as possible. I told him how I felt we've grown apart and that we're just holding on to each other because of yes LOVE but as well as the fear of not having each other. After all, he creep on pof several times (he slipped up, long story), doesn't try to do what I ask, double standards, and huge value/interest/trust issue and conflict. I was so stressed that I couldn't even bare to hug let alone kiss him - we've talked it through and I've tried asking him for a break but he refused and I couldn't bring myself to continue.

When we broke up I did made it clear to him that I'm breaking up with him not because I don't love him but it's because we have nothing in common anymore. I told him that no matter what I will always love and care for him, it's unfortunate that we can't be together romantically but he's my best friend so I asked him if we could be friends afterward when were both over it - he said sure.

The break up had some ups and downs and our conversation ended with him saying "thanks for fffking wasting my time" and hanged up. That was 2 and 1/2 months ago - I went away for a month and a half for schooling and it didn't hit me hard until I came back (a month ago). He was my first EVERYTHING and so was I his first of EVERYTHING...

I've called him and text him but it was all ignored. Fellow guys and gals what do you think he's feeling...what do you think of me?

I noticed he has a picture up with another girl which is rare for him so you think he's moved on? Do you think he hates me?

I'm just so confused and don't know how to react or go about this situation...part of me is happy for him but of course another part is mega upset at him moving on so fast...I know this sounds stupid but a part of me had always hoped that maybe we will reunite in some distant time...what should I do?

EDIT well the girl he's potentially seeing has a picture of them up on her fb - I don't have either of them as a friend I just stalked and found out...and they're not official yet... but its highly likely he's seeing her...its just so upsetting to see/know/think about this part

32

Most Helpful Guy

• okay, I'm going to answer your question with pure honesty and 100% confidence...

You need to let go of him. Move on. I know those two years of being together with this boy might have been nice and you were in love with him, but when he doesn't answer your calls/texts and leaves you with "Thanks for wasting my time" ending one of your last conversations... That's him saying "I'm mad at you, goodbye.".

What he's doing is he's forgetting about you by replacing you with another girl. That picture he has on his profile pic is him saying "I've forgotten you.". I don't know how many other signs you need to understand that he's forgotten/replaced you, but you need to understand that you should do the very same.

Dating can be very repetitive, you need to realize that you should let go of him and let him "do his thing" and you will do yours. Stop talking, messaging, texting, emailing him. Find another guy who will make you happy. This is your first break up, so it will probably be the most hardest to get over.

I understand your pain, my first breakup was with a girl who I have been with for 4 years. I still think about her every now and then. She was my first everything. As time changes, so do people. She's a completely different person now, and I'm happy I moved on.

Best of luck to you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thank you for your insight and to clarify - it wan't on his Facebook sorry I couldn't write all the details - I found it by stalking his fb through recently added friends this new chick, I saw it on her profile NOT his...

And well how should I move on I mean I told him to not disrespect or lie to me which he constantly does hence a major reason why I chose to end it. Why does he hate me when I didn't do anything wrong...

i really want to be friends with him he was my best friend...

• your asking me a question that YOU need to find the answer for. Do what you want, it's your life. I suggest being around friends who enlighten you and introduce you to other good people so you can have a better understanding of a "best friend". He's obviously not worth it, if all he will do is treat you like crap. So why deal with it? move on.

• Right, thanks so much again for your insight I'll try :) and I hope you feel better - it nice to hear from a guys pov and especially from someone who can relate.