Why did you last break up with your ex?

my husband broke up with his ex because she likes raves and dancing, he doesn't.

I'm thinking of breaking up with him because I love God, he loves video games. It doesn't match, since we do bible study for less than a minute a week and I'd like one hour a day. He plays video games all the free time he gets, even on vacation.

what do you think? worth breaking up over?

why did you break up with your ex?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Video game addiction is very real. I have read about couples online who have broken up over gaming addiction. You can see tons of stories on olganon.org.

I've also met people from online who have been on online dating and one girl I met refuses to meet anyone who lists "video games" as an interest in their profile. She had no idea that my tattoo was from a video game so I just let her keep talking.

I do however think religious people need another religious partner to succeed in a relationship. I don't think someone who wants to pray to God will get along with someone who wants to shoot people for "experience points" all day in a video game.

As for my last relationship. I broke up with her because she was not getting a car for another 2 years and I could not deal with doing all the driving. She also lead an extremely sheltered life(I think she lives in a bad neighborhood), so her parents would constantly have to know every detail of our relationship. I am open to people who live at home when they are going to school and all that but I am not a fan of parents who put restrictions on a 22 year old with things. She started flipping out on me when I wouldn't see her for a second day in a row when we hung out all night the night before so I knew there was only more problems to come so I cut it off.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Breaking up with a boyfriend/girlfriend is very different from divorcing a husband/wife. You need to work with your husband as a team. You sound very immature and do not embody the Christian faith.

0|0
    1|0
    • ..and instead of measuring how much time of bible study you do, try applying it to your daily life and the relationships you have, the most significant one being with your husband.

• She went through a traumatic event shortly before we started dating and she was too emotionally unstable to be in a relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I can understand breaking up with him for the reason being that he's addicted to video games.

But the way you put it makes it seem like you don't want to be together with him because he doesn't love God, or?

I've been together with a religious girl that was less religious than you are since she didn't do Qu'ran study one hour a day.

She's secular Muslim.

I played computer games (just occasionally) AND I talked about theology and existential questions with her even though I'm an atheist.

However, the breakup between me and her had nothing to do with her religious views or my gaming habits (as she joined in sometimes).

People change, feelings change.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorcing someone over the way they spend their time, (in a non-immoral way I might add) sounds frivolous and not Christian at all. Love God and love your neighbor, in this case your husband. If you were addicted to watching soap operas or something all day and your husband was in your position, what would you do? Give up your passion?

Put yourself in someone else's shoes before you pass judgement. Please, for your own sake, grow a more adult view on your marriage. My guess is, he liked video games just as much before he met you and you failed to notice before you had tied the knot. Things can change, but only if you work on them together, instead of nagging him try being respectful and offering something you can both do together. Maybe you should try playing games with him and then he'd be a lot more likely to devote more time on what you're into.

link

0|0
    1|0
  • I am glad that my wife and I do not have ALL the SAME interests. Religion is a way of life, video games is either a entertainment or addiction. Not the same by any margin. Do you read the bible or study religion in your free time? It's free time, time that you have available to do things that you like or want to do. Some men do yard work or build something with their hands.

Worth it? Yes, one little reason is worth it because you really DO need to read the good book again. DIVORCE is FROWNED upon in religion. Then again in one statement he is a husband and on your other statement you want to break up with him which infers that he is your boyfriend. I broke up with my last 'girlfriend'...never. I was always the one dumped. For going to war, for joining the military. Because I would rather get better grades then be the arm candy for a cheer leader even if I was on the Varsity Team. MAybe he spends so much time playing 'games' is because all you want to do is play bible thumper. Guess you should have tried to meet a real man at that church you frequent.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should talk to your husband. There is a big different between breaking up with someone and divorcing someone.

I broke up with my ex because she was lazy, refused to pick up after herself, expected me to do everything (cooking, cleaning, etc.), mainly because she did not show me any sort of respect and she was selfish.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Umm breaking up is wicked different than getting a divorce. If you want to leave him for this and you're married, you should definitely talk to him or see a counseler.

To answer your last question, I broke up with my ex boyfriend because he was super clingy and my feelings for him faded. When he threatened to take a bottle of sleeping pills after, I definitely knew I made the right choice. Luckily I met my other half and now we've been happily married for a year and a half.

0|0
    0|0
  • He was too controlling he wanted to be leave my family and friends behind, and move in with him in a whole different country, and here's the real kicker, I was still in school and he wanted me to quit! so I dumped him

0|0
    0|0
  • I broke up with my first boyfriend because he would always complain that I liked to be doing stuff, He had a short fuse, he got mad at me when I'd joke around or hang out with his siblings and the last thing he did was slap me then he saw my real bad side that was the final deal breaker.

The last one broke up with me. He said because I was playing "games" Kind of don't understand it. But whatever after he broke up with me I was an ass and let him know I cheated on him one day before we physically met online relationship then I changed my mind & didn't want to hurt him so I tried to cover it up but I'm a sh*t liar & confessed later.

0|0
    0|0
  • i broke up with him because we didn't quite get along anymore

0|0
    0|0
  • He had to move to another country

0|0
    0|0
  • i broke up with him because he went back to his country

0|0
    0|0
  • My ex was controlling and tried to strangle me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes