Important question for me, I'm thinking about reconnecting?

Lately I just haven't been able to stop thinking about her. I haven't seen her in years, things didn't end well for us the first time, but that's what I feel so bad about. I was naive and a complete idiot. Over time I've calmed down but still live with regret over everything.

This girl and I are a lot alike in a few ways and it just pains me that we had to cease contact. We could be so much. Even if we couldn't be together I just want to at least be her acquaintance. I just don't know how she would react if I reached out to her again.

It was back in a time where I liked her way more than she liked me and things just went horribly, partially my fault. I just don't even know what to say. It would just be great if I could find a way to talk to her and clear my head. This is a really important question for me, and she's always been important to me for some reason. I just want to do the right thing. Should I try reaching out to her?

80

Most Helpful Girl

• In your case I would not reconnect with her. (...and I have a lot of experience with reconnections!). I just sounds like trouble. You had strong feelings for her that she didn't reciprocate much of? What's to stop you from rekindling those feelings? What's to stop her from digging up the same negative feelings from before (if she has even gotten past it in the first place). In most cases when people rekindle a connection its just resurfaces old behaviors, attitudes, thoughts, etc. No matter how much you've both changed. Some of us have people that meant a lot to us, that we'll never forget (childhood friend for example), but just because our memory of them stays with us doesn't mean we have to go looking for them in our future. The past was the past, but its probably time to make some new memories with a fresh start. - good luck

You know what they say about the definition of an insane person? :P

• What do they say about an insane person? I'm not crazy, just crazy about her. I don't get it, for some reason it always seems that when you're crazy about someone they think you're just crazy in general but how often is that really true? Rarely, if ever.

• Well, my feeling is you'd be taking a big risk. But ultimately only you know what's best for you. If you feel like you can't move on without trying...then you might as well give it a shot. We can't predict how she's going to react to prepair you for what ever response you get. So my only advice if you go through with it is to keep and open mind and limit expectations (...I mean for all you know she could be married with kids, a drug addict, or your soul mate). Good luck!

• I know she's not the first two lol she's a good girl going to a good school. Thank you though, I'm just so scared ya know?