Should I break up with my boyfriend for this? I think I want to after his birthday...

My boyfriend is not giving me enough attention. This is my first real relationship and he's really being a disapointment. Had I not initiated conversation and plans this week, we may not even had spoken to each other or seen each other. I have guy friends who make more of an effort than he does.

Now, he did wreck his car and is currently saving up for a new one. So I can see why he may not want to ask me to take us places. I know for some guys, it's a blow to their confidence if their girlfriend is always the one driving and taking them out on dates. But it really pisses me off and hurts my feelings because it comes off as him being careless. He's Muslim and he will be fasting for one month starting Tuesday. During that entire month, I won't get to see him. His birthday is in that month. So I came up with an idea for us to just pick a day and pretend it's his birthday since I won't be able to celebrate with him. I have gone out of my way, spending money I don't have to make that a very special day. I told him all he has to do is show up so the least he could do is say "Hello, how are you?" but no :( I'm so fed up and I feel unnappreciated. I'm thinking of just having his "bday" with him and if he doesn't improve, I'm dumping him.

Do you agree with me or do you think I'm just being emotional and not patient? Please give advice and help me out here! I'd really appreciate it!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should tell him straight up exactly what you feel about him doing nothing. Tell him about, you feeling unloved and just unappreciated. If he doesn't listen than you should move on, I'm sure a guy would love to have a girlfriend like you :)

1|0
    0|0
    • please see She'ssosilly's answer and give me your feedback :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• My ex broke up with me three days after my birthday.

The reason was that she had lost her feelings for me, which I am fine with back then and now.

However, what I'm not OK with is the fact that she had been holding back on this for approximately three months prior to the breakup.

It's better to be straight up about it, no sugar coating whatsoever and tell how it is, the damage will be reduced even though it will still hurt as it is a breakup.

(Also, my ex is a Muslim. I didn't see her through Ramadan but I joined in during Eid al-fitr with her family. I'm an atheist myself.)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I think you need to express your feelings to him first to make sure that he knows how you feel and not just assume he knows. If things don't change after you have expressed your true thoughts and feelings to him then its probably best to leave him. I don't know if I would wait it out just because its his birthday either.. I mean the bad news isn't going to be any better no matter how long you wait and if this is a one sided relationship (which I'm assuming by what you've shared with us) then you have given more than enough already.

0|0
    0|0
    • You are so right! So here's what happened...

I hadn't heard from him all day Saturday. I was pissed. So, I called him around 10 and it went to voice mail in the middle of the ring. I thought he hung up on me and that really made me mad seeing as I was spending all of this money I don't have to plan this big birthday celebration for him. I texted him telling him to call me and he didn't. So then I called him private to see if he was really all that busy and he picked up! I said "So you can answer

• a private call but you can't answer the phone for me?" He said "I was driving then I was in Wal-Mart. I'm sorry" I hung up in his face. He texted me asking saying "Hello? Are you mad?" and tried to call me back, but I ignored him. I called him later and we talked it out. He explained that in his culture, he and his girlfriends talked maybe four times a week and he said he was happy that I was just open with him. We had a lovely day and it ended so romantically with fireworks! Great advice!

• I'm glad it worked out(:

• i would break up with him

0|0
    0|0
  • well I would break up with him for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • give him another chance but really tell him straight up what bothers you. if you don't see a change just dump him.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes