Should I break up with my boyfriend for this? I think I want to after his birthday...

My boyfriend is not giving me enough attention. This is my first real relationship and he's really being a disapointment. Had I not initiated conversation and plans this week, we may not even had spoken to each other or seen each other. I have guy friends who make more of an effort than he does.

Now, he did wreck his car and is currently saving up for a new one. So I can see why he may not want to ask me to take us places. I know for some guys, it's a blow to their confidence if their girlfriend is always the one driving and taking them out on dates. But it really pisses me off and hurts my feelings because it comes off as him being careless. He's Muslim and he will be fasting for one month starting Tuesday. During that entire month, I won't get to see him. His birthday is in that month. So I came up with an idea for us to just pick a day and pretend it's his birthday since I won't be able to celebrate with him. I have gone out of my way, spending money I don't have to make that a very special day. I told him all he has to do is show up so the least he could do is say "Hello, how are you?" but no :( I'm so fed up and I feel unnappreciated. I'm thinking of just having his "bday" with him and if he doesn't improve, I'm dumping him.

Do you agree with me or do you think I'm just being emotional and not patient? Please give advice and help me out here! I'd really appreciate it!

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should tell him straight up exactly what you feel about him doing nothing. Tell him about, you feeling unloved and just unappreciated. If he doesn't listen than you should move on, I'm sure a guy would love to have a girlfriend like you :)

• please see She'ssosilly's answer and give me your feedback :)