My insecurities are getting in the way

To make my past history brief, I've been cheated on, lied to, and left without a word. I've finally found a great guy who I've been dating for a few months now. I've let these past insecurities get in my way. I know he would never cheat on me or leave me like in the past, because he's told me that. And for the first time in a long time, I trust another guy completely. I went to counseling for these past issues, and thought I was over them. I'm torn because I trust him but I'm so insecure to let myself go again. Any advice?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to him about it. Tell him that you want to trust him, but due to such-and-such in your past, it takes a long time for you to build the trust. If he is who you make him out to be, then he will understand and try to help you with this.

Try talking to your friends about this too - they may be able to help out some.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE