Why does it seem like girls only leave a guy for another guy?

How come it seems that girls never leave a guy UNLESS there is cheating, physical or mental abuse, or addiction of some sort?

In other words girls in good relationships with good guys who aren't screw up's. NEVER seem to leave the guy because "they drifted apart" or "lost interest"... When the relationship is dying and the girl has lost interest she (from what I see) rarely if ever breaks up with the guy, rather he has to break up with her or she has only leaves when something better comes along.

Have any of you girls noticed this?

Btw I'm not angry or mad at girls or anything. 90% of guys are douche bags, but not all of us are. I'm just curious if anyone has noticed this trend.

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I've noticed this and lived it. It's hard to find the strength to leave a relationship because to be honest in most cases, at least in my experience, there isn't many better alternatives out there.

Seems like all the good guys are taken or not interested. So some girls feel they have to settle.

Most of my friends have been lucky to meet guys who treat them well. But unfortunately I haven't had that same luck :(

Even though I treat guys amazingly well. I cook for them, clean their houses, help them with jobs and stuff. Yet they won't even go on a date with me. like an actual date (even if I offer to plan it and pay for it :S). I haven't been on an actual date in a few years.

But I feel tremendous pressure to stay in a bad relationship because most of my friends are settling down (and I want to too!). I've never been a party girl, I just want a partner and to start my life with that person.

I already have a career, I already own a car. I have good credit, and I treat my partners well with understanding and respect.

But I find that I can't seem to find someone who 'gets' me I guess. I'm either considered weird or in a lower league than most guys. So I have to settle for being treated like crap :/

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Usually when I left a guy,I was thinking about it for a while.it's not just something I randomly decide, breaking up is a decision I've weighed the options of for a long time. So if another better guy comes in the picture he's just that added reason to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cant handle being alone emotionally...maybe even physically if she doesn't have friends...doesn't want to +1 to her partner count...doesn't want to be without sex...doesn't think she can find better...the reasons vary. And hey I'm just being honest I know the reasons suck but it is what it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Ihavent. ASnypne I knowwho broke uyp with their partner did it because they no longerwanted to be in a relationship.

statisyically women take time to get over a relationship whether they dumped or were duped. after a break up. guys being more likely to jump into to a new one quickly. women can't be taking time to get over a relationship if they leave the guy for another guy.

i think you are asking this question because you are looking for a way to say women are weak or superficial or because you want to blame your girlfriend leaving you on another guy. not anything you did.

since yo obviously don't know all women. you have a reason for seeing things as you do and it is not objective.

you did not even approach the question genuinely. if you really wanted to know. you would just ask women why did you break up with your lats relationship.

instead of putting the answer in the question, seeking prejudicial responses.

this is not a genuine question.

0|0
    0|0
    • lol. Nobody left me this is just something I have observed. I wanted to ask girls if they have noticed this as well. I don't think of women as superficial

• My last relationship lost the spark and we ended amicably.i will part with thr guy either we are no longer compatible or he chested on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't know. I tend to want to hold on. I don't lose interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • oh crap, you just described me. I'm in this position right now - the relationship is pretty much dying for me, but I wasn't willing to admit it to myself until another guy came along. well, you wanted to know why:

girls are always looking for that "good guy" who will "treat us right" etc. we deal with so many douche bags that when we finally find a good one, we want to hold on to him. and if for some reason we lose interest or it doesn't work out, we feel like we're being stupid if we're letting such a good guy go. at least that's how I felt. I was like, no, he's a great boyfriend, I have no reason to break up with him! but then I met another guy and realized, whoa, I feel butterflies, etc, and I don't feel that way around my boyfriend anymore. that's a problem. so I think for a lot of girls, if a new guy comes along, it's just the push they needed to leave.

for me it's not about needing to find a replacement or being afraid of being alone, it's that I feel guilty for not having a "legit" reason to break up with him, and I don't want to hurt him. he doesn't deserve this. so I stick it out, hoping that it'll get better.

0|0
    0|0
  • some girls I know do that and to me it is stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • it isn't true, for me at least

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a few friends like that -- they 're afraid to be alone. They will find a replacement guy before they leave the other.

Most girls really work on making things work with their guy, though. They will try lots of different techniques to make the relationship happy again and fret and worry. They'll stay in a relationship even if they aren't exactly happy, hoping to make it happy again somehow. I'd say that's why the guy has to break up with her -- she still has hope for the relationship.

I think females tend to see guys more as individuals and adapt to their personality traits, whereas guys see females as more interchangeable and one can easily replace the other, as long her looks thrill him equally or more. That may just be my opinion, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • well becasue they might fear they won't find another guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true... not all girls are dumb and desperate

0|0
    0|0
  • more guys are willing to date a girl out of a relationship, less girls are willing to date a guy who left their girlfriend for her.

1|0
    0|0
  • We leave when a better guy comes along

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 2

• It's because they find the other guy better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I both agree and disagree - my first Girlfriend left for another guy (she later regretted that, oh well, too bad for her); the second left because she had some serious internal (psych) issues she had to solve without me being there (I didn't quite follow, but she def. was not cheating, suffering from any type of abuse, or under any addiction).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes