I got back with my ex boyfriend. What should I do now?

I got back with my ex boyfriend 3 weeks ago. He came to see me and we got back together. The whole three weeks he's been calling me and we've talked. After about a week I told him I wanted to see him and he says that he's been working alot. He's on probation at his job and needs to past tests so he needs to study for them. Last week I told him I wanted to spend time with him and he said we would on Sunday because Saturday he was going to spend time with his brother.

I said that was fine but Sunday came around and it was bad weather so he didn't come by. This week we spoke on the phone everything was fine and I asked when we were going to see each other. He said he wanted to take me out but he's been busy with work and the tests. He said that he wanted to have money so we could go out. Yesterday I told him I wanted to see him but he was on call at work. I have always been understanding but three weeks have passed since I have seen him. I went off on him and told him if he was going to be acting this way that we were done. I haven't heard from him since. He wasn't this way when we were together He used to always like to spend time. Why is he acting this way now?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, IMO your relationship is pretty much over. Why? You clearly said, "if you're going to act this way, we are done!" and he didn't respond. He didn't attempt to defend why he was M.I.A. when you said that and I think he is just in his "Whatever. It is what it is" mode. He told you several times before you said that how busy he was with work and you still kept hounding him. If before he liked to spend time and now he doesn't, it isn't because he won't, it's because he CAN'T. People always think relationships should come first -- survival comes first and you aren't his job. You're not paying him. He's already on probation so he needs to get his crap together before he loses his job and the last thing he needs is someone who is demanding his full-on attention when there are more drastic things going on around him. It's hard enough to find (and keep) a job these days. Don't contact him anymore. If he comes out and reaches out to you, there may be a chance to repair it. If you keep trying to reach out to him, you'll just appear clingy and push him away.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Who initiated the breakup? That's the first question. And why? I want to bet I know the answer but it doesn't matter however that will tell me if my guess is accurate.

0|0
    0|0
    • I broke up with him and he said he was hurt. We broke up because we got in a fight and I told him it wasn't working out. We weren't together for 3 months.

• Show All
    • By the way he isn't "acting" against you and your frustrations are what are driving you apart. Um, it probably is best you quit while you're ahead and because you left him, so you leaving him again isn't going to be a surprising outcome, because you're the one who is dissatisfied and demanding that he meet these expectations when actually he's probably doing better for himself and that would make your relationship better in the long run, but you're not thinking longterm so it doesn't matter.

• Very true what you said.

What Girls Said 3

• well let him have some days to himself and then text him or something,

0|0
    0|0
  • dump him again

0|0
    0|0
  • i think he just wanted to get you back and then dump you

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes