My ex girlfriend and I dated for almost 3 years. I messed up went to jail and she left me. We haven't lived to

For almost 3 months now but we officially broke up about a month ago. I don't contact her but she texts me and has called me telling me she loves me and misses me but doesn't want to get back together until I'm "better" is she just trying to upset me or do you think she just misses the affection? Does she really want to get back together? Any advice would be helpful

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She WANTS YOU TO GET HELP or work out any issues that YOU most likely have.

She say's She wants you to get "Better". What does she mean by that? Do you have a drug problem, and anger issue? What ever issues you have, she wants you to fix them because she loves you and DOES want a relationship with you. I doubt that she wants to see you go to jail again, or go through that again.

Its just as she's saying. She wants to be with you, but not until you get your crap together. IF you aren't down for that then ignore her.

0|0
    0|0
    • I got in trouble for drinking and I admit I did have a drinking problem. The thing that makes it tricky is what is a timetable to say someone is actually better from alcohol? Especially since we live so far away she doesn't see that I'm not drinking

• Show All
    • That's actually really good advice I'm never thought about asking her what better meant from her point of view other then just sobriety

• yeah, there's no harm in asking.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• It's apparent that she cares for you, (she's contacting you, without you putting any effort to do the same for her).

It sounds like she is being smart this time, and wary.

She does love you but doesn't want to further hurt herself by being with you now,

especially when you have problems that are not worked through.

0|0
    0|0
    • You know she's beautiful and young but in the past when we broke up we would always get back together. This time however we live over 500 miles away making it harder to get back together I don't know when I throw in the towel and say its over. I don't know what timetable is fair to say I'm good without alcohol in her eyes

• Show All
    • To keep doing what I'm doing and just let her take as much time as needed. I just have to wait

• That's smart, don't rush back into the relationship and keep working on yourself.

• She definitely wants you, she just doesn't want the bad you. This may sound a little rude, but she has to think about herself and her feelings. She doesn't want to be with someone who could possibly, not saying you'll ever go back again, be a frequent in jail. She wants you to be the best you can for her so she can do the same for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think he would get back to you

0|0
    0|0
  • i think she wants you back

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I would think that's what she wants, but she wants you to be a good person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would just tell her that you can't focus on getting better with her and her "texts" messing with your head. Let her know that if she truly loves you and won't get back with you until you're better then she needs to give you the space to do that whatever that is.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• It's quite normal. You won't get back together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes