Should I give up on being friends and or crushing on him?

My guy friend and I have known each other for a long time and I have had a crush on him. We went to prom together an we almost got together but my cousin was pissing us off. A couple days later I took him home and we stopped talking and a month later he is back with his ex that cheated on him. Next year came around and I asked him to prom again but he was leaving for boot camp and he tells me that he is engaged to this girl. That is the first he has talked to me since he got back with his ex and we haven't talked since because she doesn't like me. I don't know if I should give up on trying to be his friend and crushing on him? Or if its worth the time to even try talking to him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• as I guy, I've been in this situation, and sadly the best thing you can do is just let it be and walk away. You will only be hurting yourself even more by trying to be with him again, and if his girlfriend doesn't like you, he will take her side. Its not fair for you to be there waiting for him to see if he will come back around, I don't want to give you hope on this one, but if he does come back, you will only be a friend to him. It is very painful, and its not fair for you, you are going to go through so much more pain if you keep on trying to keep in touch with him. It is very painful seeing them happy with someone else, while wishing it was you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• Give up on both. He's already engaged to someone else, you don't wanna be THAT girl who tries to come in and break it all up. I feel like he's trying to distance himself from you and you're only hurting yourself even more by trying to keep this relationship intact. Let him be, and you move forward.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he isn't putting the same percentage that you are into keeping a friendship with him,

then you shouldn't have to do either.

Friendship is a two way street.

You cannot "stop" crushing on someone immediately.

It will take time for you to get over him.

With the distance being there (from you no longer speaking to him), it will happen faster than if you were to keep having him in your life.

If he really is your friend (and you care for him like you say you do),'

at least tell him how you feel before you go your way.

If he is a real friend he wouldn't keep cutting ties with you so frequently,

and all because someone in his life didn't like you. (that's not a good enough reason).

He should never let a partner dictate who he talks to , due to their own insecurities.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should let it all go...up until you have moved on and know you no longer feel anything for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would stop it with him

0|0
    0|0
  • i would if I were you

0|0
    0|0
  • well I wouldn't make an effort anymore.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes