Should I give up on being friends and or crushing on him?

My guy friend and I have known each other for a long time and I have had a crush on him. We went to prom together an we almost got together but my cousin was pissing us off. A couple days later I took him home and we stopped talking and a month later he is back with his ex that cheated on him. Next year came around and I asked him to prom again but he was leaving for boot camp and he tells me that he is engaged to this girl. That is the first he has talked to me since he got back with his ex and we haven't talked since because she doesn't like me. I don't know if I should give up on trying to be his friend and crushing on him? Or if its worth the time to even try talking to him.

62

Most Helpful Guy

• as I guy, I've been in this situation, and sadly the best thing you can do is just let it be and walk away. You will only be hurting yourself even more by trying to be with him again, and if his girlfriend doesn't like you, he will take her side. Its not fair for you to be there waiting for him to see if he will come back around, I don't want to give you hope on this one, but if he does come back, you will only be a friend to him. It is very painful, and its not fair for you, you are going to go through so much more pain if you keep on trying to keep in touch with him. It is very painful seeing them happy with someone else, while wishing it was you.