Why can't potential employers follow up with a courtesy call after interview letting you know something?

I just think it's really rude when you go on an interview and you follow up with thank you letters and emails and they don't have the common courtesy to call or email you back, at least letting you know they've moved on to other candidates or still deciding I hate to feel like I'm being a pest but times are hard and at least you can do is give them some type of information. I called the chiropractor's office that I applied for today and the assistant picked up the phone and I told her I was just doing a follow up about the position I was interviewed for and she told replied I don't know the doctor makes all the decisions I'll let him know you called and hung up really quick. I also followed up with a email today and haven't heard anything back yet do you think they may have moved on to someone else?

It's just frustrating not knowing and I think they should be more understanding to people who are out here looking because they never know when they can be on that end of the stick

51

Most Helpful Girl

• If you didn't get a callback yet, keep looking for a job. you shouldn't count your chickens until they're hatched

Some places do send an email letting you know they received your app, that's good, but I just assume if I haven't been offered an orientation package yet,I am not employed

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE