Breaking up with a Narcissistic emotional abuser?

I want out. I just want out. Anyone that reads my other questions will understand why. He's 34, it's been over 18 months, he makes me absolutely miserable, and has childish outbursts despite being 6'4" and 210 lbs. Everywhere we go, at some point, he causes a "scene" over some stupid little thing he doesn't like, then thinks everything's okay because 5 minutes later he's fine and HE'S forgotten about it.

10 days ago I texted him, pouring my heart out, telling him how I feel, telling him how much strain it puts on me and how exhausting. He replied saying "think whatever the f*** you want. This sh*t sure the f*** doesn't help." Then, "5 minutes later" naturally he texts back saying "u off work soon?"

WTF

Tell me it's OK to just ditch him. I know it's considered "rude" and not good "break up ettitquete." But tell me it's halfway normal. To just pile his sh*t in the garage, give him the code, change the locks, change my number, ditch my house for a week, and never look back.

Advice?
I did it. I piled his sh*t in HIS garage, changed my locks, and booked a hotel for the next 10 days. And blocked his #

32

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no real etiquette for breaking up; you have to do what makes sense for you. Based on what you wrote, this relationship was history a long time ago; the next step is just a formality.

• "...this relationship was history a long time ago; the next step is just a formality."

I like this mindset. Thank you!