What to do when you just feel done?

I am done. My best guy friend got a girlfriend and once he did,our friendship was over. We made no contact, if he saw me in public he pretended he couldn't see me. Then, once they broke up, he texted me saying we could be friends again. I decided to let him back in because I honestly felt like he was being genuine. Turns out, he was getting back together with her the whole time, which would be fine if I knew we could still be friends. I know that won't happen, he'll cut me off again as soon as she tells him to. I need to let him know how hurt I am and that the way he's treating me isn't okay. I'm done trying to save our friendship, but how do I let him know how I fee/stand up for myself?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You have already stood up for yourself- you've decided not to do this sh*t anymore. Just because he didn't *see* you make that decision doesn't mean it didn't happen. Anywya, you can just lay back and wait- this will turn around again and he'll be calling you when their little relationship self-destructs. Then you can act according to how you feel at the time. You can either tell him to go f*** himself forever, or you can be gentle- it will be up to you. Since you already know what YOU'RE doing, you don't even have to worry about any of that other sh*t.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Two options:

Peaceful Dissolution: Just don't take his offerings and "hang out" with him much less.

Fiery Confrontation: Just tell him outright you don't want to be around him anymore.

I esp. like that he came back telling that "We can be friends again" even though it's his decrepit behavior that broke the thing in the first place as if he's gracing you! Ha... Humans.

1|0
    0|0
    • Peaceful Dissolution: won't work since now that he's back with her he won't ask to hang out at all. Yeah I hate how he always turns it on me like I'm the bad guy and he's doing me a favor by being my friend. UGH what should I say? I'll have to text it too since he probably won't want to hang out...or could I ask in a way where he can't ignore without being rude? Message me your ideas if you could :)

• Actually now he is back with her that makes Peaceful Dissolution easier. Odds are she will break up with him again. When he "returns" you just calmly refuse the offers. In this case it is a matter of your own personal strength. "No" is sufficient without any excuses. You have nothing to lie for. You have nothing to explain to him. Regardless, let me think on it. I'm sure that there would be something more "viable".

What Girls Said 5

• If you want to make it sting. I'd just straight up tell him that you don't want to be friends anymore because you know he'll just neglect you since he has a girl. Or you can just start ignoring him and let the friendship fizzle. I say you should go with the first option. Not to make it sting but it's just better to be straight up and explain what you want to do and why. It's better to do that than to just ignore him and never talk to him again for months...*eyeroll*

0|0
    0|0
  • You could write him a text saying "DO not contact me ever. I don't want to hear from you. You're a pathetic friend" to hurt him. :-P

0|0
    0|0
  • i just try to avoid the person at all costs otherwise I get mad and bitch the person out

0|0
    0|0
  • i would jsut ignore him.

0|0
    0|0
  • what I do is try to get the person alone, tell that person all of the reasons why I won't keep hanging around with them and then move on

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes