Girls who insist that guys make the first move... why?

I notice some girls are absolutely adamant about the guy making the first move. Why is this? I am OK with making the first move and all but I would rather make the first move on a girl who is worth it and I find that girls who are not open to showing interest in a man tend to be very self-centered. Are girls like this just terrified of rejection and insecure? What's the deal?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like to make the first move. I like to showing interest but I feel a little of my femininity has been taken if I do. It's like the other girl said we were brought up that way. It's like if a girl you like was carrying a heavy box for example and you offered to carry it for her you would want her to let you do that. A little masculinity coming from you. However if she took it straight back off you and said no I will carry it myself wouldn't you feel a bit useless about it. Basically I like the man to adopt the masculine role and I like to adopt the feminine role right from the start!

• Also another reason is having had mainly male friends in my time I have always been told a women chooses a man a man don't choose a women and therfore they always settle for what's on offer. I want a man to choose me! And not just because he can.