Need confident Strong willed Men to answer this one. What stops you from calling her after a break up.

Hey guys. So I if you are in a situation where you chose one girl over the other in somewhat of a messy situation and you go no contact for about 7 months and you break up with the other girl and start to realize you miss the other one! But she seems happy and as if she's moving on with life what stops you from contacting her? I heard that when a woman looks as if she's happy and moving on it triggers the male mind into wanting to peruse and get her attention again BUT could this have a negative effect and cause him to not make contact? Also do you men (think about this particular situation!) would you make subtle hints at her to show you maybe interested instead of going full in for the kill and risk rejection? I need strong willed men to comment because he is incredibly hard headed Man.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "What stops you from calling her after a break up."

The phrase "only a dog returns to his vomit". A break up is a break up. I've no interest in returning back to a girl I've dumped or who dumped me. If by some amazing fluke of chance I found I was missing her, it would still be easy for me to isolate those emotions in much the same way I can have sex without engaging emotions.

And the reason I would do it, is that belief that only a dog returns to his vomit.

"I heard that when a woman looks as if she's happy and moving on it triggers the male mind into wanting to peruse and get her attention again"

That's never been the case for me.

"would you make subtle hints at her to show you maybe interested instead of going full in for the kill and risk rejection?"

No. I wouldn't have any interest in hinting anything to her. If I dumped her, then I already know why I've dumped her and those reasons haven't changed. If she dumped me, then I have more self-respect for myself than to go back to the girl who dumped me and beg her to take me back. Or try and trick her into taking me back. I just shrug it off as "her loss" because I know I'm great, and I leave her to her life. I don't wish her any harm - I just don't think about her.

1|1
    0|0
    • So after a relationship has ended you view the woman you once loved as vomit?

• Show All
    • I believe he did answered all your questions, and I second him.

And metaphor it is.

• I believe in love and the vomit methapor may be used but if you did not have a physical fight with a person or they did not trick you into doing something you did not want to do. Why not give love a second chance and a third a fourth until you know is dead and beries becasue love is precious give it has nothing to di with vommmit or. A dog we are humans we all nake mistake why not live love and laugh instead of be mad for stupid reasons and hate if he called ger back that's a little hope ;)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• If I broke up with the girl and then wanted her back I should take the initiative to get her back. If she rejects me then we're even...

If a girl breaks up with me I'll never make any effort to try to get her back--even if I'm pining away for her for years. When someone says they want me to go away, I go away. It's up to her to try to get me back if she changes her mind...

1|1
    0|0
    • You would pine over a girl for years and not try?! Why? Please explain I can't understand how or why you would do this? Don't you want to be happy? If you never try your never know and it would be harder to let go and move on always thinking what if.

• Pride, I guess. It's not that I haven't done it in the past but I felt even worse when I did try and was rejected again. So I made a decision to go away when someone tells me to go away...

• lol No contact for 7 months and you still think he's hung on you in a good way after a messy drama storm? *smh* Sorry but you sound delusional and desperate.

0|1
    1|0
    • Thank you all for your comments but he just called and told me he misses me! I've known him 12 years and we were once broken up for 3 years and didn't speak for a year of that and yes he still loved me and we got back together for 4 years. So that's not always the case my love.

• Show All
    • Me trolling your the one leaving nasty comments on people's posts and yes he did just call me actually! I don't care what you say or think you don't know me and you don't know him and we have been one year no contact before 3 years not seeing each other so your wrong mate.

• sure I am...

• I would most definitely risk rejection over a woman that I would want to get back with. I have and would try to do what I could to show my interest. If I wasn't interested I wouldn't pursue at any cost. No need to cause arousal for nothing to gain but pain for her or myself.

But yes being rejected is definitely worth risk over reward. At least I'll now one way or the other.

Ex's that I have been with that I have tried this before no matter how the break happened will always haunt the mind of what could have been. We live we learn ! We all want to be loved by the One that knows our true hearts. That is why in most cases of a break up I feel comfortable that I showed her my heart. If I did that I occupy her's even if it's not to be again. A memory will always bring a smile.

How easy we forget why the break was so necessary!

0|0
    0|0
  • he does not want you

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• He's over it and over you.. he's obviously not contacting because he doesn't want to and probably doesn't need to. I think a few guys are a bit harsh but I agree with their point just think maybe it could have been phrased and said nicely/differently. You are definetaly not over him and its obvious you are living on hope. Move on and bring your dignity with you xx all the best :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It is over clearly

0|0
    0|0
  • Its over...why call?

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think he likes you

0|0
    0|0
  • he doesn't like you at all