Do girls sometimes avoid using the name of the guy they like?

There is this girl I really like, and I'm pretty sure she likes me back because she always says hi to me and smiles, even when I'm not paying attention. It's also worth noting that we hace never had a conversation or anything, we are just acquainted with each other. However, she never seems to use my name, even though I'm sure she knows it because we had a class together last year. Is she just shy or what?

50

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls would avoid using names when telling other people about their crush, but that's separate from using a name to your face. Whether she uses your name when she says hi or not, that doesn't mean anything.

Why don't you try to actually have a conversation with her before you call her shy and assume she likes you?