Why doesn't he invite me to see his band play?

I've been dating this guy for three months now. We both make music and have collaborated together in his studio. He talks about us having a band and how excited he is about it.

He also plays guitar in a psychedelic rock band. They're on tour right now. However, I found out he's coming back into town tonight to play at a popular venue--but I found this out on Facebook. He didn't invite me to go. Not once has he suggested seeing them. Before he went on tour earlier this week, he said "I'll see you on Sunday when we're done." But why not tonight while he's in town? They are going to St. Louis tomorrow, and I know he'll be tired. But I think it may be more than that.

This is the third time it's happened, where he doesn't tell me about shows until after he plays. He claims he's not into his band all that much. And he doesn't really care about me coming to see him. I have met some of his friends, so I am certain he does like to show me off to his pals. But then he's indifferent when it comes to his band.

Is he nervous to play in front of me and worried I will think it sucks? Or is he embarrassed about introducing me to his bandmates? Or could he be hiding something?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• you should just go on and ask him about it. he might just be really shy about his band.