How can I move away?

I can't live with my family anymore. I can't live with my father. I can't take it. And I don't know how to get myself out. I am a high school graduate, but no college, and will not be attending college on my family's dime. I will not accept it. I want OUT.

The thing is, I'm at a loss of what to do... I've never lived by myself, and can't even begin to think where to start. I don't have a job, but am looking, and don't have a car. Is leaving even possible? If I do, can I really have no contact with them? When I can afford college, will the administration really need my parents to be connected to the funds, even though I would be having nothing to do with them?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel. I know the feeling all too well of having to live with people who you just can't tolerate anymore. First thing you need to consider is if you really can survive on your own. Its very easy to let emotion drive you to make an impulse decision, but you need to think realistically if moving out will actually create more problems than its worth. Trust me when I tell you this, it will be damn hard as a person who has only graduated high school to make ends meat in this economy. At the end of the day you may need to end up swallowing some pride and just sticking with your current situation until a better one comes along. You should be able to do college without your parents being connected to funds I think, but please don't take my word for that. You'll have to do your own research. Best thing to do is ask someone from the college registrar directly (by phone call if need be).

The times ahead will really test the periphery of your patience, but remember one thing... never never never give up. I'm not sure exactly what kind of torture you're going through with your family right now, but trust me, living on your own at your stage in life is very difficult. The pain of it may even end up being more intolerable than your current situation. Don't even get me started on getting your own car. The best course of action I think is to play the long game. Don't try to satisfy your short term needs, but instead stick with what you have now, but save for the future. Save every dollar, every quarter, every dime, every nickel, and every penny until you have enough money to make a difference.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE