What do girls think of this situation?

Ok, so a friend I work with has been acting strange lately. We both seem to find ways to meet in the morning to walk and chat on the way to the offices. At first I had a routine of going to my desk to login to my computer and then walk down to the break room for breakfast and coffee. She would do the same, only it was to "drop of her lunch" in the fridge. This would allow us to kind of meet up and walk back together. I always kind of thought, hmmm "couldn't she do that before she got to her desk?" Then it changed from that to seeming to arrive at work at the exact same time, and again we would walk together to the offices. It happened three times last week, and yesterday she in the elevator she says "we timed this perfectly didn't we?" Then she asked what time I leave and where do I live. Weird thing is, only the two of us seem to have these same routines.

I can't tell what is going on. It is the same thing each week. We'll randomly meet 3 mornings, talk and walk, and then the other 2 days she's quiet and aloof. If I happen to pass her on one of her aloof days I get weird /strange looks from her and she won't say anything to me, I have to be the first to initiate conversation. It blows hot and cold with her. I know she has a boyfriend. What do you girls think of this? I can't tell what is going on. Please don't give me the "she's got a boyfriend stay away" line because we are just friends, but I'd like to hear some ideas as to why she might act like this. Thanks!

42

Most Helpful Girl

• it could just be random. Just don't think too much about it cause then you might get ideas into your head like if she likes you. because if she doesn't then it could ruin your friendship with her. There is always a chance she might be interested but she has a boyfriend. I have a boyfriend but I'm still attracted to some of my guy friends. but I would chose my boyfriend over them any day. maybe its the same thing for her. I just have a question for you do you like her? or are you attracted to her?

• Thanks, it happens every week like clockwork, could it really be that random? I can almost predict it every time. When I first got the job at a company party, I would would standing alone and she would be standing right next to me randomly. The funny thing is also, when I started I was like oh that girl is pretty cute, nothing more. Now some how I've grown to like her, so I don't know if her spell worked on me or what?

• Thanks, I think you are right. Should I just play it cool? Is that why she'll act strange certain days? I really don't get it.

• No problem :) I think that sometimes she'll act strange because she is always the one trying to get you're attention not the other way around so she might get a little frustrated from that. But if you guys are close enough friends then just ask her if she is OK. I don't think there is any harm in that.