When you break up, do you talk about your ex with other people?

If so, what are things you talk about to them? Is it something you feel comfortable with telling others?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what you mean by talking about your ex.

If you mean talking badly about her with others, I think you should never tell really personal stuff. You have to respect their secrets even after a break up. This does not mean you cannot say anything about your ex though.

For example, if you just want to talk about how your ex was in the relationship or anything which is not extremely personal, it is fine. You can talk about thing that your ex did that you liked or didn't like or stories you shared with her, just to name a few. You should not tell things about your ex you are not comfortable with telling others (except if it was something she did to you which nobody knows. Then you have to tell it.). If friends are messing with you and want to know how she is in bad or something, just don't answer. They don't have the right to know and you aren't obliged to tell anyone stuff like that.

I hope that helped. You question was a little vague, so my answer might not be what you are looking for. if that is the case, please ask me something more specific!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I do. I talk to my friends about my ex. Mainly if things are bothering me or if relationships are brought up since I haven't been in one since him. I feel pretty comfortable talking about it. Sometimes, I get emotional but I usually just talk about the past (since that's all I can talk about). I mention how he was in the relationship but I really don't talk badly about him. I did a little when the break up first happened (and I shouldn't have since I said it to a mutual friend of ours).

0|0
    0|0
    • I should add that he dumped me. I'm not sure how different it would be if I had dumped him.

• Just my best friend. Sometimes I need to vent my frustrations with guys and if I do I go to her.

If other people ask me questions about him (usually why we broke up) I'll give them an honest answer that isn't very detailed, like, "We're just not right for each other," when I actually meant something like, "What the f*** was I thinking? We're polar opposites and I must have been drunk for the entire relationship."

0|0
    0|0
  • If you've JUST broken up with him/her, then yes, we talk about them a lot, then after a month or two nah not really, sometimes bring them up if someone said or did something that reminded you of him/her but that's it really, that is if you're the dumper.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and usually the good memories of that person

0|0
    0|0
  • I talk to my really close friends about how to get over the breakup and stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. I talk about the course of the relationship, what went wrong and what went right... that type of thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes I do and that's how I lose all the good men:( lol..i talk about how much I miss them...how they treated me and how stupid I was..bla bla blah! I shouldn't ever talk about my ex and still I do..i am still doing it right now! fml! lolllll

0|0
    0|0
  • i talk to my sister about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Only with people on sites like this one (:

0|0
    0|0
  • WITH MY CLOSE FRIENDS, NOT FAMILY...sorry bout the caps..

0|0
    0|0
  • When I break I break I break lol and no superglue can fix this sh*t

0|0
    0|0
  • well technically yes becasue it talk with my sister about everything

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• I do not talk about my former girlfriend with others but I only talk about the good memories of her, we never had any bad memories except the ones of our last time together. I tend to keep it in, matters that do not involve others or change the road of your life does not need to be known outside of your mind. To me, she was everything I ever wanted so I can never really disrespect her with angry words.

0|0
    0|0
  • I might mention a little bit with a really close friend when hanging out. But 5 minutes max. I don't wanna bore my friend out with the course of our relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • No.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's none of their business.

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont, what is the point?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes