How to move on after being played?

I got played by a guy I was seeing, and I can;t stop thinking of him. Everything reminds me of him, and I feel like I'll never meet anyone like him again. How can I get over it? And how long does it usually take?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's VERY hard to get over that kind of hurt. I was in love with a guy who played me and even months later I miss him. We made the mistake of trying to be friends, which probably would've been fine if we hadn't had sex and if I wasn't in love. Hun it'll take time. it may sound crazy but let yourself grieve and heal then go out and mingle with some new guys! Once you find out you really like that pain won't be as bad and eventually you'll begin thing about your ex less and less! just remember it takes time so don't just jump into a new relationship or even try to!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• you won't but your only thinking how hot or cute he is,think about all the girls you know, fiction or not fiction who fell for the wrong guy when the right guy is near by, you just don't see him that way.

now imagine your on the TV and people are watching you, saying that guy you were with was wrong and it time to look at that one guy friend who has been there for you but you never through anything of him besides him being just a nice guy

0|0
    0|0
  • just choose a better guy next time

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut off contacts with the guy, and find a new guy immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • got played by a girl. four years later, still not over it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• You need to take the time necessary for you to recover. When you're ready, you'll know. Don't let anyone try to push you into a situation you're not ready for. That could just make things worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Learn from your mistakes and try to do better next time. Allow yourself the time it takes to move on, it's different for everyone/relationship. How long did you wait before sleeping with him? I'm willing to bet, not that long. If you'd dated him for 2 months first, he probably would have given up, or you'd at least have been able to read his interest. If he REALLY wanted you to be his GF, he would take you out on dates, make plans ahead of time with you, start introducing you to friends and maybe even family . . . did he do any of these things? Did you give him time to do any of these things before sleeping with him? Probably not. People can only use you (play you) if you allow them to.

0|0
    0|0
  • just learn how to read guys intentions better

0|0
    0|0
  • try to mee tguys through frineds and know them before going out with them. new dates will help you.

0|0
    0|0
  • wait how did you get played ?

0|0
    0|0
    • Used for sex and I was told he wanted a relationship, when in reality he's not looking for a relationship or any commitment.

• I went through that and it does hurt really bad I'm still hurting from mine some one used me then guy married after playing around with me to another girl . Well I would say the AUser above has good advice . It will hurt but take time to grieve like she said and go on dates with other guys but be careful not to fall into the same trap again keep a watchful eye for those types of men I hope this helps

Recommended myTakes