Can someone explain why my ex girlfriend does this?

This girl goes to my church where she had us introduced in June 2011. We dated for a few months and she really did a number on me, blaming me for a lot of things. When in actuality it could have been handled better, but I put in work and made an effort when she didn't. Still, she's come a long way since then, and I've always cared deeply for her. However, she tends to text me occasionally, and usually always gives me a hard time. I've learned to be an a**hole, and easily one to her (I guess this gives her that smartass competition). She usually is/can be a big flirt, and follows me on twitter. I don't understand why she lingers around like that unless she still finds some interest in me. I'm not about to go into the friend zone with her but I'm starting to think she just likes the games. Should I wait until my birthday in September to see if she remembers or is there any way I can figure out where I stand with her?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i think she likes the attention you give her

0|0
    0|0
    • really? I mean I intentionally ignore her, blow her off so she won't get any attention. She comes to me to initiate things now. What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Your instinct is probably right. I don't know why but girls love to play games. We thrive on attention and its best if you MOVE ON...instead of texting or communicating with her at all. She will feed into it EVEN if you trat her like an a-hole.

0|0
    0|0
  • She has feelings for you. But she's immature. If you aren't even in a relationship with her,and she's playing this many games,I'd ignore her. You should either ignore her completely,or ask her straight up what she wants to do. Don't wait it out any longer. the more you wait,he more confusing and ridiculous the situation will become.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it sounds like she just wants attention. She thinks it's fun to mess with you and give you a hard time. This is an immature person and not anyone you want around.

0|1
    0|0
  • Shes just playing games.

0|0
    0|0
  • She still has feeling for you, but does not know how to express it and does not know how your feeling so she's trying to see how far your going to go, maybe just talk to her and see how she's feeling and if you guys can work it out or be nice to each other and not have drama

0|0
    0|0
  • I think she does have feelings fro you when you said she flirts with you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• The way to test where you stand is to get aggressive with her, surpise her with a whammo kiss, or swat her behind..anything to take her by surprise. Watch her reaction when she can't have prepared a line to feed you.

Lots of options here for taking her by surprise! If she blows up, hey, then you don't have to wait until September to know it's time to forget about her.

0|0
    0|0
  • imho, I think you are the best playtoy she has available. My guess is she is bored, and it is fun to try to get your attention, to try to get a rise from you.

If I was in your position, and wanted this to end, I would resolve to starve her of attention. It may take a long time; even a moment's attention will reward her. My guess is if you hold out long enough, she'll get bored and find something else to play with. This sounds like operant conditioning.

0|0
    0|0
  • move on

0|0
    0|0
  • You could ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think she is just playing games

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes