What's the point of college then?

I was just texting with my friend who goes to college with me and I told her how I'm moving to ny because it's best for my career. I then told her that she should move to cali because that'd be best for her career.

Her response was that she didn't want to be alone and then added that she is lazy and has no ambition, so she won't go.

I didn't want to ask her (it'd be bitchy) but why is she in college and paying $40,000 a year if she's not gonna do anything with it?

do more people go to college because they feel obligated to or because they are actually passionate and want to achieve goals?

* her major is animation, and she LOVES all things animation so I'm even more confused

312

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people don't know any better. It's an expensive 13th grade for people. Look at how many people flunk out and are stuck in debt for the rest of their lives. I don't promote going to college unless the major is something smart. Teachers and lawyers for example are overpopulated right now and not a smart choice. Medical I am iffy about but it is a good cause so I think it's good. Other majors vary.

Thing is, very few majors actually give people jobs these days. So many jobs have huge waiting lines of people begging for work. Many jobs are also deliberately taking lower qualified people with GEDs, training them on the spot, and paying less so they don't have to pay someone with a high end degree. College is going way downhill now. With so many people catching on to how much of a scam college is, don't be surprised if it only gets worse.

Also, anyone who goes to college just to "learn" doesn't have enough common sense to use their tax dollars and go to the library. You can learn so much more reading a book and writing to the author of that book than any of these "professors" could teach you nowadays. College teaches you how to mindlessly regurgitate information thrown at you.