Never had a job before, but may have to relocate to get one.

I'm graduating college with my bachelors in software engineer in two weeks. I've never had an actual job yet because I had to spend all my time working on college. I'm very scared. I plan on moving near my boyfriend, which is right beside Knoxville, Tn. It's an extremely large town so I know they are bound to have stuff there. However, I don't know what to do. I keep stressing out and freaking out thinking I'm going to fail at life, etc. lol. Anyway, how would I go about moving for my first job? Should I wait before I move, or what? I live about 3 hours from Knoxville at my current home.

Sorry if this question seems dumb.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Being stressed certainly doesn't help anything, so first I would try to relax. I'm not sure it's a good idea to move somewhere without having a job, unless you are going to move in with someone. If you get an apartment you will have to sign a lease, and that would tie you down to a specific location. I would check the ads for some jobs, and send in applications to some likely businesses. I'm sure your college can help you with a job search. If all goes well, you can get a job and then look for a place to live. Of course, you have to decide whether living near your boyfriend is more important than your career--would you turn down a great job if it was too far away from your boyfriend? If so, then you may have to accept whatever you can get in the Knoxville area. However, I would still be reluctant to sign a lease if I didn't have a job lined up. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• just relocate not everybdy are getting jobs at this moment

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• i would just try to get everything on paper, make two plans, one where you move and one where you dont, write what would happen in each one of them and then you can decide from that

0|0
    0|0
  • just try to be really prepared. have many back up plans and see what would you do if one fails, put money on a savings account for emergencies and search online for a place to live, your boyfrined can hlep you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes