Never had a job before, but may have to relocate to get one.

I'm graduating college with my bachelors in software engineer in two weeks. I've never had an actual job yet because I had to spend all my time working on college. I'm very scared. I plan on moving near my boyfriend, which is right beside Knoxville, Tn. It's an extremely large town so I know they are bound to have stuff there. However, I don't know what to do. I keep stressing out and freaking out thinking I'm going to fail at life, etc. lol. Anyway, how would I go about moving for my first job? Should I wait before I move, or what? I live about 3 hours from Knoxville at my current home.

Sorry if this question seems dumb.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Being stressed certainly doesn't help anything, so first I would try to relax. I'm not sure it's a good idea to move somewhere without having a job, unless you are going to move in with someone. If you get an apartment you will have to sign a lease, and that would tie you down to a specific location. I would check the ads for some jobs, and send in applications to some likely businesses. I'm sure your college can help you with a job search. If all goes well, you can get a job and then look for a place to live. Of course, you have to decide whether living near your boyfriend is more important than your career--would you turn down a great job if it was too far away from your boyfriend? If so, then you may have to accept whatever you can get in the Knoxville area. However, I would still be reluctant to sign a lease if I didn't have a job lined up. Good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE