He's not ready for a girlfriend, but does he like me?

I've been talking to my crush for about 2 months now. He knew that I liked him when we first started talking (his friend told him), but he told me his last girlfriend cheated on him so he does not want a girlfriend right now. I think this happened fairly recently before we started talking, so I am OK with giving him time to get over that. My question is, from a guy's point of view, is he interested in me as his potential girlfriend when he is ready? Or will we always be "just friends"?

-We talk every single day. if I don't text him he will always text me first and ask how I'm doing or start a conversation (and he has plenty of friends but still spends most of his time talking to me). We have great conversations and have learned a lot about each other and always know how to make each other laugh.

-I've meet most of his family that he lives with (he is from Taiwan by the way, so the rest of his family, and his ex, still live there).

-when we are together I always catch him staring at me when I'm not looking, it makes me so nervous lol

Overall, I just feel very close with him and with the way he acts would make me think that he likes me, plus, I just do not think that he would talk to me this much knowing that I have feelings for him if he did not like me back.

01