My boyfriend still talks to his ex?

So I guess my boyfriend still talks to his ex every once in a while on Facebook and whatnot. She still has some stuff stored in his basement from a little over a year ago that she just hasn't gone through yet. She doesn't have anywhere to put it but his basement for now. I get a little annoyed when she comes up in a conversation but I try not to and I think it would be weird if she had to come back to our place to go through her stuff. She's apparently engaged to some guy and my boyfriend and her supposedly broke up mutually over a year ago. But I almost feel like deep down he's not over her or something and it kind of bothers but I'm not sure what I should do. I don't want to act like an overly jealous girlfriend. Thoughts anyone?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say go with your instinct..a woman's instinct is always right. This has happened in the past with different women and they weren't wrong about their feelings. so I completely agree with you on this one. personally I think all the insecurities and sh*t are just bs. Either the people who say all this sh*t are not serious about their relationship or they are just passing time with them. obviously if you love someone you will trust them not to a point where they sleep with someone and still be OK with it. Everyone in the relationship will be insecured unless they don't love the person and I am being honest. people might say they are OK with boyfriend talking to their ex what not but honestly you don't wanna lose your guy like that. Just be straight up to him and ask him what's going on and be vague about it so that you don't look your checking on him. If he answers you straight up good otherwise go with your instincts:)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Perhaps he considers her a friend. Just because a relationship doesn't work out, doesn't mean that people can't still care about each other or consider themselves to still be friends.

Jealousy however is not entirely unexpected in such a situation. But there is a reason they call it the green eyed monster. You might want to try to analyze your own feelings and consider what it is he has done that makes you think he's not over her... but unless you have reason to believe he is treating his ex as more than a friend, I would suggest it's probably best if you give him the benefit of the doubt.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're feeling the claws of the green eyed monster, that is obvious. Not unexpected, but needs to be kept in check. Jealousy has ruined relationships in the past and will in the future. Be careful what you indulge in ( if you can.)

Try thinking about what kind of guy you really want. Do you want a guy that can turn his feelings on and off like an electric switch? A guy that can just walk out of a relationship and never look back, never regret, never even remember what he had? Or do you want a guy that knows his feelings, remembers the good things, is realistically dealing with it and opening up for new emotions with you.

Remember, a guy that could walk out on one relationship with no strings, no regret, could just as easily walk out on you. You don't really want that type of guy around, unless you're thriving on worrying wether he'll come home this evening too.

After all, you won. He is with you now. You beat that other girl. She is out of the picture and you've got him.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• If it concerns you that much you should calmly and in a non-accusatory manner, voice your concern to him. It may put your mind at ease to find out exactly where he stands with her. Even if he does still have feelings for her, he's with you right now and that counts for a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • well if she's engaged then I doubt she'll take you boyfriend from you, but you know that little gut instinct we girls have? Well sometimes it's right, if he talks about her often he obviously isn't over her..

0|0
    0|0
  • i think tha tif he's honest with you you need to see them together and see if there's more than a frinedship going on. that way you will knoe if you need to rethink your relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • since she is engaged I wouldn't worry

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes