Interested or just being a friend?

Recently, I got in touch with a crush of mine. We met at a camp for kids with disabilities (we've had transplants) so we've 'known' each other for a while.

A few years ago, I could tell she was interested in me because I would always catch her looking at me. A few times our eyes would keep lingering on each other for a couple of seconds.

Sadly, I was too shy and never made a move and I regretted it. Since she lived a few hours away, I cut my losses and moved on.

That was 3 years ago. Fast-forward to today. I recently got in touch with her and we started talking on Facebook (messages, not chat). She was pretty open about what was going on in her life. She told me that she had her transplant a few months ago, how she planned on going to med school and that she will be moving to a city near me for school. Pretty much open about everything. These conversations were pretty long.

After talking to her, my feelings all came back and I've developed a crush on her again. I want to make a move but I'm afraid that she's just being a friend and have no interest in me. And I don't want to make things awkward.

Ladies, if you were NOT interested in a guy, would you share what was going on in your life, especially after not talking or seeing them after several years? Also (I may be overanalyzing here), she didn't reply to my messages for at least 24 hours after she read them (Facebook has a 'message read at 12:34 etc. thing). Is this a sign that she doesn't care to respond right away or is she trying not to come off as too eager?

Apologies if this is all pretty obvious but I just want to be sure here. Any advice greatly appreciated.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• She may feel close to you since you know each other from before... I wouldn't have long, personal conversation with just anyone, but it doesn't mean I would only have them with my crush... It seems you have to get to know each other better, like you have to find out if she's just an open person or it's just with you.

Either way, 3 years ago you were too shy to act on it, now is your chance. Don't over-think this, it's still a bit soon to be sure of anything.

If you're having long conversations, it's normal to take a bit to reply (I personally would, think about what I was going to say, have a slower moment, etc.). The important part is that she's replying fast enough.

• Very well said. Thank you.

• Thank you for BA =)