Is this guy using me?

In January, I met a guy who went to my high school. We were never friends back then but this time he bought me a drink, danced with me and exchanged numbers. We talk about everything and anything and I learned he just got out of a long relationship of 3 years. She broke up with him and he was heartbroken, he always told me he was trying to be by himself for awhile (made me think I was a rebound?).

I visit him once and we went out for his nephews birthday (he gas an older nephew). I stayed the night but that's when he found out I'm a virgin and I think he freaked out because he would talk to me still, just not as much and would make excuses as to why he couldn't hang out.

5 months pass and we occasionally talked off and on just friendly conversations. This past month he started talking way more to me, once he randomly texted me saying he was creeping on my Facebook pictures and that he was jealous of one of them. Other times he would randomly text me when I was on vacation asking how it was and where I was and that he's jealous. He was never that flirty just nice, and I backed away on my texts a few months ago after he got weird. He also started liking more of my Facebook statuses and pictures (random ones too).

Now he out of nowhere told me to come visit him and that he's find something for us to do (not in a sexual way), so I made plans to visit tonight (we have always been an hour away from each other during college and summer). He's always been a really nice guy (everyone loved him in high school and all my friends from hs got happy when I started talking to him). I felt very comfortable around him as well. we never talked in hs but I felt like I had known him forever and I could be open about everything with him. He also told me all about his ex girlfriends and how many people he's slept with and his family as well. Is he using me? Or maybe he's finally getting over his ex girlfriend? I'm not sure how he sees me and what his intentions are? Am I just a friend? Any thoughts? Thanks!

24

Most Helpful Guy

• At first, he didn't want to make you some rebound girl. He was putting himself out there and found something nice. Maybe the Virginia ing freaked him out a bit but he's coming around

Go on a date with him. Get to know him and don't be so damn nervous lol

• Thanks! I went to visit him and stayed the night but didn't do anything other than make out (he wanted more but he respected me saying no). We went out to a country dance bar place and his friend (also from our hs) came. When the guy I like went away for a few minutes, he asked if I like him and that he's a good guy and good boyfriend. He said he gets attached but he said he knows he likes me and I'm all he ever talks about. He also told me to ask his intentions. I did later and the guy I like asked me

• My intentions too. He said "idk" and I think he might still be confused because of his ex but he told me he wasn't ready at the time when he first met me and he's a lot better now. He was pretty drunk at the end so he was all over me (kissing my cheek, putting his arms around me, etc.). At his place he just said he loves kissing me and then cuddled with me part of the night. When I left he was sweet and wanted to make more plans. I'm still confused though because he's still bad at texting!