Is it normal for me to not approve of this relationship? I need help please!!

Ok so my dads always been a bit friendly with my girlfriends I always figured he was just being nice, you know hugs when they see each other and such and then last summer he called me up and told me he was marring my ex and that they had been seeing each other for yrs. keep in mind that our break-up over laps there relationship's beginning. Now I'm forced to see her and my dad make out every Thanksgiving and holiday (eww) is it normal for me to not approve of this relationship? I hate them so much right now!
Well here's my situation update...I had a 2 hour long talk with my dad about how I feel and how sh*tty he was and while I was talking to him he looked dead into my eyes the whole time and saw that I was dead serious about cutting him outta my life forever and I was NOT kidding. So apparently he thought long and hard for several hours and asked for forgiveness knowing that I was a 100% right and it would be worse for his ONLY child to disown him forever and no woman would be worth that:-)

153

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm glad to see most everyone sides with you in that what you are feeling is completely normal. Betrayal is brutal. Sometimes it is a wound that never heals. I agree that for How Ever Long It Takes - you should not be around them until you no longer feel such pain from them.

Its unbelievable the amount of selfishness in people these days. I'm sorry this happened to you, your best bet is to remove yourself from the situation.

Also - be sure to find an outlet (gym,hobby) to help you deal because that kinda sh*t can eat at you and you don't want to sink to their level of mentality.