Why do women hate when men move on so quickly?

I see this a lot and I just saw a commercial with john stamos where this happened. why?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Women want to believe that they are irreplaceable and if your ex moves on quick he's pretty well proving that's not true. Plus, even if she doesn't want you anymore, she doesn't want anyone ELSE to have you either. She wants you to be at home and miserable like she is. It's an ego stroke.

My fiance's ex said to him, "Good like trying to replace me but I bet it's not going to happen! And go ahead and talk to 'so and so (some girl)', she ain't got sh*t on me!" There's that sh*tty attitude that a lot of women tend to own. She had no idea he'd meet me within the year and we'd be engaged after 8 months :)

I don't work this way, I know that there are plenty of worthy women out there that would be good partners. I've never had someone move on quick after me so I can't say I'm familiar with this pain. I take a long time to move on, after both my LTR (one of 4 years and another of 3 years) it took me at least 6 months and working through some pretty severe depression before I finally had the sun on my face again.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• uhm I guess id just find it inconsiderate... like jumping from one girl to the next you know? shows that there's little respect there to give time to release the tension of the first relationship and THEN move on, but guys seem to have no problem with that. speedy recovery...=/

1|0
    0|0
  • Because some of us can't stop thinking about it so in a way it picks us raw and sometimes we never get over it but we have to act like we are over them when we aren't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think because we take it as a sign of the guy don't liking us that much, since he forgot about me easily

0|0
    0|0
  • He obviously didn't care about her very much and that hurts

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we feel like the relationshipwasnt real

5|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• As a general rule (and we can only talk in generalities here) guys tend to be able to move on faster than girls. Girls tend not to - they need closure, or they need to be friends with the ex, or whatever.

When a guy moves on incredibly fast (as is so often the case) it can catch the naive and inexperienced girl off-guard. She had no idea that guys were capable of this, so she is confused. It makes her doubt the entire relationship. Surely he couldn't have had any real feelings for her, if he's moved on that quickly. Surely if he felt anything for her, he would be pining and regretting and what-iffing, just like she is right now.

Even when the girl is aware of a mans ability to do this, seeing it in action can cause feelings of jealousy (she wishes she could move on that quickly) or anger that he is out there finding happiness already and she is still in mourning for the relationship that has just ended.

2|1
    0|0
  • They don't. However humans hate seeing their partners (A.K.A. emotional investments) blow away in the wind.

4|0
    0|0
  • To them it proves that the guy was faking the relationship, because he'd not be heartbroken for months at the prospect of not being with her and couldn't go to another girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep down women don't want to see or hear about you being happy without them being happy. It's an ego thing. Even when they dump you, they don't want you moving on completely until they move on completely. Even though they don't want you, they don't want anyone else to have you. Most women want them to be the last person you kiss, make out with, have sex with, have good times with.

It's a selfish impulse that they will not admit to. Even though they are not with you, they still want forms of control over you. Most of all, they don't want to see you move on with someone that is better than them in every way, especially in the looks department. It's not just with moving on quickly, most of the time it's just when a man moves on period. They just don't want to admit it.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's the "how dare you for not needing me" syndrome

0|2
    1|0
  • Either they were with the wrong man, or many of the women themselves are jealous, selfish, or a hybrid of both.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes