Why do I forgive so easily

Its been 3 years of off - on off- on with my ex I should say, When I first met him, I fell in love with him, As time progress and our relationship got deeper, he wanted me to stop hanging with my friends, dress without showing my ass.. don't speak to guys or anyone unless its my family. Basically, he got controlling, and coming out of a marriage, I felt that I had to fight for this relationship. I tried to prove my self and love to him, but he would always get mad and call me a Hoe, or curse at me - he did hit me a few times in my head, and he would end it, and I would cry my way back to him. I felt like I lost myself within him and my heart was in pain and nothing felt right without him. I would always cry and fight my way back to him, after a day or few days. He never changed no matter how many times I think he would learn to respect me . When he was not upset with me, he was caring and showed he loved me - we always had a great time together, but as soon as I am away from him, he would start with his negative remarks. I had to text him back right away, text him every hour and If I didn't answer the phone right away he would start cursing at me. We took at trip and he got mad because he said I am not communicative - he gave me an attitude in the morning and I just let him be.. and when I tried to explain myself to him, he got mad and tried to suffocate me with the pillow, and 10 minutes after he calm down and act like nothing.. and blamed me for getting him mad. We had broke up for a week recently because he called me a mother FKr on the phone, and I told him don't speak to me that way, he shut his phone off and not care to discuss things.. we went back and promised and he finally said sorry .. and only two days ago, he got mad at me on the phone because he said I had an attitude when I was simply tired and he was speaking and I was waiting for him to finish. its like eggshells with him, So I tried calling him yesterday to wish him a happy birthday and he told me not to call him anymore hoe.. its the same words and the same fights. he has to much pride to fight for me.. the last time we spoke he said he knows that I come back to him because I am his true love. Why does he act this way.. he is 36 and I am 33.. I love him deeply and hate this pain.. but I know that things will only get worst and would never want to have a child bought up in that environment. why does he call me those names when he know I was honest and faithful to him. I am trying to move on, Its only been a day but feels like forever. I know God has a great man out there for me..

he keeps saying I caused it 3 years ago, He set me up and had a girl text me thinking it was a guy.. and all I did was like who is this, and why are you texting me and no I don't know you. the person send they send me a pic of themself.. and I said no but they send a pic of their penis.. I deleted it.. I thought it was one of my crazy friends. I explained it to him the next day and thought we had moved on .its not like I spoke to the person or met with that person.either way it be something else

610

Most Helpful Girl

• He does this stuff because he's mentally messed up, unstable, and probably doesn't even really know how to behave in a real relationship - and I swear I'm not being judgmental of him, I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why he is the way he is, but the truth is that no one would treat another human being in the way you describe unless they have deep, difficult problems of their own.

Why you keep going back is a different matter... are you afraid of what he'll do if you leave? Or do you keep going back on your own free will, because you can't stay away?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think I keep going back because my heart misses him, and I feel that he will one day realize how good of a person I am to him and he will change his views. He blames his anger on his upbringing.. but I tell him you can't let your past control your future.

• He is badly disturbed, and you say yourself that you are in terrible pain because of him. I don't know you, so I'm sorry for being brutally honest, but you gotta get the f*** away from him. He is never going to change. You're *never* going to change him. The feelings you have aren't your "heart" calling for him, it's his manipulation and abuse telling you that life purpose is to grovel for him like a dog. Please, please call this hotline and tell them the story you told here: 1-800-799-7233

• Even if you aren't sure what to think or what you want to do, the people at that hotline can help you far more than the folks on here :) Take care of yourself!