On off couples, why do they get back together?

This has me thinking, why do on and off couples keep getting back together. Take me and my guy for example, we have been at this for 2 years now. The longest relationship for the both of us. The sex is OK but we both have had better, we never really do bonding type of things. We both don’t know what we want half the time, and i’m usually the one to break it off ,ignore him or distance myself. Yet give him a month maybe more and within 3 months tops he’s back to blowing my phone up. We both have something for one another but yet never stay together long enough to do anything about it . We both know we want diffrent things, wile we may have similar upbringings and views we both know in the end were not perfect for one another. I mean were not even the type we like to get with, my guy is not my type at all he just happens to be a pretty boy without the manly body i’m use to. But we can’t help but get back together in the end. SO why do on off couples get back together? anyone have any type of clue to this? I can’t figure it out? are we iin love but just in denial? Or do we just not want to be alone and are use to a certain someone? I just can’t figure this one out.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could be many things but some assumptions off the top of my head are that someone (or even both of the people) have experienced something in their lives that prevents them from wanting to be close to anyone and actually committing to anything. They may also be unhappy in the relationship but cannot find better and don't want to be alone so they go back to what they can rely on, which is that person who always takes them back and makes them feel good for awhile. Another possibility is they just don't know what they want so they are just going with the flow even if its not what is best for them. They could also truly have deep love for each other even though its not best for either of them to be together but they second guess their decisions to move on. Lastly, which I kind of said already, is its possible that someone is just really unhappy with themselves and so they don't think they can find anything else so they go back to what they can rely on.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Some people don't want to be too attached emotionally in a relationship. Being always on the verge of a big explosive fight or sudden break-up makes them feel free, not tied down...

So many people have had bad experiences in early life, that they want to retain autonomy in any future relationship.

The last thing they want is to risk disappointment by depending emotionally on their significant other.

0|0
    0|0
    • That makes sence. all three of those fit my guy. lol thanks.

What Girls Said 4

• They don't think they can get anyone else or they don't know what they want

0|0
    0|0
  • because they are stupid and they think relationships are just games

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually, they crave the drama. They're usually immature and don't realize that a fight doesn't always have to end with a break up. People want what isn't good for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • because they are super immature

0|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes