How do you respond to guy choosing mother over GF?

Due to a family death, my boyfriend was gone for a week back to his family. Then the day he returned he had to go to work, so I Haven't had any "quality time" with him in a little over 2 weeks. I spoke to him for maybe half an hour each day when he got home from work, and maybe 5-10 minutes each day while he was gone home. Last night would have been our first evening to be together, eat or go do something together. He didn't text me hardly at all yesterday which was unusual. He was off all day. I sent him a text and he says "talking to mom." So when I got home an hour or so after that, he was still on the phone with his mother. No dinner cooked like he was going to. So I started making dinner. He got off the phone 1/2 hour after and started screaming at me. "What is your problem! can't you see that I have things to do? Why don't you have some compassion, I have things to do?" So then he was drunk also and asked me to go to the store to get a lighter for the grill. I come back from store and he was on the phone just bs'ing with a cousin. So when I went where he was and just sat down while he was on the phone, he got mad.

He started flipping out saying "why don't you ever mow the lawn, clean this, etc etc." I wouldn't answer him as he was trashed and he says "you can't answer me then you can forget having your tubal reversal surgery Wednesday." My reply was "you pull this EVERY week for the last several months. I'm tired of it. No tubal reversal, that's fine...no sex and you can consider us done!" His says "just learn to deal with it. When I want to do something I will!" I know that he wanted to say "just move out", but won't because he knows that I have the $$ and I will move out.

I'm frustrated because we only see each other for a couple hours on Thurs/Fri evening and half day Saturday, and haven't saw him in over 2 weeks and he wants to spend his time on the phone with his mother. Any thoughts?

415

Most Helpful Guy

• he is an A..hole mommy's boy! Dump him and move on. There is no future if that is the state of your relationship now! No amount of talking to him will change anything. Get on with your own life and find someone normal!

• are you normal? Don't "normal" people acknowledge parental bonds? So according to dopey/retard people as yourself, people shouldn't love/respect their mothers?

• lol. no, not all.

i'm simply saying the OP is denying him the right to associate/care for his mother. who is she to do this?

• Glad you could laugh! OK, we are square? Cheers!