What would you say if I guy you knew started to change to get girls attention?

Here's the deal. My parents raised me to be this flawless stable gentleman to women. I'm in medical school, and had one girlfriend for two years. I can pretty much say that she thought that I was too straightedge for her. I didn't drink/do drugs and took care of when she was sick etc.

Now my cousins are my heroes. They date models, girls that I once thought were cute, girls way out of my league with ease and switch through them quickly. While they were happy with me actually having an ex, they made it clear that it took way too much effort for me to get a girl that wasn't good for me anyway.

On top of confidence issues, I am a virgin because my ex never really brought up sex although we did other stuff. She's my first kiss too. I've asked out three girls and got rejected harshly every time even though they were my best friends.

What would you say if you knew me and I became more like my cousins?

• Good for him
  • I despise him for it.
  • He shouldn't. Makes me sad
    Vote C

44

Most Helpful Guy

• A girlfriend for TWO years and still a virgin? Man, you've got a worryingly serious problem: You're too much of a Nice Guy (TM). The best thing you could do in your life, as much as attending college and getting a MD, is to get rid of your nice guy self.

From a fellow doctor.

• Great to hear from you. Ever since the breakup I realized I was too nice of a person. I try to emulate the cocky attitude my cousins show all the time but I don't think it seems to be working. Most of the friends I've met in college think I'm the most confident guy alive but none of the girls seem to.

• You need to understand the basics of why that cocky attitude works. You're a smart dude, I can easily tell, if you really want to have this part of your life sorted out you'll have to "study" the biomechanics and intersexual dynamics of the sexual market-place and socio-sexual hierarchies. It sounds like a whole semester subject because the amount of knowledge not formalised yet is VAST. Here are the basics link