Should I continue to wait?

So my ex & I broke up after being together for 3 yrs. He broke up with me cause he wanted to be "free" I was understanding because we're both young (he's 22 now & I'm 20) well it's been about a year & a half since we broke up. The first year of our break up he kept going back & forth one week he wanted no contact, the next he was telling me he missed me & loved me & we'd hang out. He also began treating me like crap & like a dumb*** I sat around still. He was mostly always pissed off cause I went out with my friends a lot more & responding to guys who were majority friends from high school. After months of this back & forth crap I told him I couldn't do it anymore & I cut off contact with him. About a month or so after that he contacted me again & his attitude towards me has completely changed. He says he loves me & he wants to eventually get back together but he's just not ready to be in a relationship yet. He says he wants to make sure that our relationship is better this time around. Well it's been about 9 months since we've started talking again & I'm gettingg impatient. Should I keep waiting? I still love him, & I don't really want to give up on him. But I also don't want to be waiting forever just to find out he's never going to get back with me. I've been loyal to him this whole time even though we're not together (not being with other men etc). But I think he's being with other girls, which he is free to be because he is single, but it's not fair for him to expect me to sit around like I'm his girlfriend while he goes out & plays. Sometimes it's like we're a couple without the "label". he's my best friend & we still can talk to each other about anyhing. Ugh I just don't know what to do. If he really, truly loved me would he make more of an effort to even attempt at restarting a relationship with me? Should I keep waiting or should I try to move on? Sorry for such a long question, but thank you for your answers in advance :)

11

Most Helpful Guy

• No way, don't wait. Move on ASAP. Listen to your feelings, your right. Holding on and waiting is prolonging the suffering. Get yourself in a good frame of mind so you can find someone who truly loves you. You will attract in this world how you feel inside so get to love and respect yourself and guys that love and respect you will naturally find you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE