We had a solid relationship built on trust, love and respect. In the time we dated we only had about 5 tough fights (never name calling, anything physical; mostly raised voices). I'm a very emotional person, so that's why he thinks I create drama. Doesn't drama come with most girls?
I feel so lost. I didn't realize I was as needy or clingy as I was. I can change and work on my issues. He just wants to be single.
Note about him:
- we consider each other to be best friends
- he has cried twice since the breakup, once in front of me and once he told me about (he returned my things the night of the breakup, and later text me that he wished he kept the blanket. I dropped it off the next day and it made him emotional)
- he says he doesn't know what the future holds
- he hasn't met anyone else and doesn't want to date any girls anytime soon; he said he won't have a rebound
- he said he doesn't want to lose me completely (sex isn't even on the table for us, so it's not about that)
Do you think there is hope? Besides giving him space (not calling, texting or seeing him) what can I do to get him back? I'm afraid I lost him forever. I really need advice :(
Most Helpful Girl
He does still have feelings for you so I don't think that you've lost him forever.
What you need to do is give him space just like you're doing and not call or text him for at least 2 weeks until things have cooled down. When the time comes if he hasn't already contacted you, just start a normal conversation with him by asking how he has been and how things are going for him. If he starts to get emotional and starts to say that he misses you etc. be gentle but emotional as well. Let him know that you miss him too and gently ask him if he would like to give the relationship another chance. Let him call most of the shots though, that way he can't turn around and say that you're trying to smother him again.
If he doesn't express feelings towards you when you contact him again the only thing for you to do is to lightly express those feelings towards him and see if he responds to them. Make it clear to him that you would like to start over completely and take things slowly again. It may take a few days to a two weeks or so to start a relationship with him again since I'm sure he will want to take some time to think about it first. Just don't pressure him, or sound desperate, that will only push him away further.
In the meantime, keep yourself busy so you don't think about him as much. Take some me time and spoil yourself a little with a massage or something. :)
I wish you the best of luck in this, with what you've said it does sound like after he gets some space for awhile that he will come back to you and you guys can start over again.