Protective boyfriends?

My boyfriend often worries about me. I guess because I often hang out and go out by myself a lot and live alone.

This isn't really an 'issue' for me. I'm just not used to it all and don't really understand the mentality of it. I don't really have a dad or any brothers, nor ex's that were this way. I guess I just want to understand want to understand where the protectiveness comes from and what exactly is there to worry about? I mean have the morw protective guys had run in's where their girlfriend or whoever was actually in danger?

My boyfriend doesn't try to control me. But when he says he's worried about certain things, I tend to avoid whatever it was (that I normally would do), just because I don't want him to worry.

02