What' a good birthday gift for a girlfriend for less than $100?

She's turning 28. We've been together about a year. I want to get something nice for her but money is really low right now.

She mentioned that she might like a spa treatment but that crap is highway robbery. If I send her in there with $100 gift certificate, she'll get a half-ass back rub and they'll dangle all of the other services in her face that she's not getting.

She loves to cook/bake, draw, dance, watch movies (comedies and vampire stuff), listen to music (dubstep), go to the beach, and spend time with friends & family.

Updates:
Thanks for the tips everyone. I went with the box of her favorite stuff: I made her 2 CDs of her favorite music (all new stuff), a DVD of the whole last season of her favorite TV show TrueBlood, a couple of bags of her favorite candy (Rolos & Reese's), a candle that smells like cake, and a t-shirt of her favorite band. I also got her a chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream (obviously the girl likes chocolate) and she seemed to be pretty happy with everything.

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You could get a lot of little things and put them in like a "gift basket" type of thing for her. I think that would be sweet and show a lot of thoughtfulness. Maybe get her a new baking recipe book, some new tools to draw with, buy her favorite movie on DVD or BlueRay or whatever, put together a playlist of some songs she really likes, you could always go on like a day trip somewhere like the beach or where ever her favorite place to go and have fun is.

Most girls don't really care about the monetary value (at least I don't), I know it's cliche but it really is the thought that counts. As long as you put some effort and thought into whatever you get her I'm sure she'll love it:)

4|1
    1|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 20

• Honestly, I've said it 100 times and I'll happily say it another 100 - I ALWAYS prefer a gift that's homemade / us doing something fun together as opposed to something bought. Organise a nice day out: an amusement park, a creative dance class (i.e. Latin dance, belly dancing etc.) followed by a picnic made by you, a day at the beach... Whatever suits her and is something that you can enjoy together.

As for homemade: something that she likes. Or by far the best suggestion is the one that "yaddayaddayadda02" made: give her your own special spa treatment!

Or just get her a cheaper gift. My boyfriend of one year got me a scarf for my birthday and I couldn't be happier. It wasn't expensive at all (way below 100 dollars) but I loved it because I wear scarves like there's no tomorrow and it was exactly my style. I ended up wearing it almost every day during the winter and I really treasure it. And the reason? Because it showed that he put a lot of thought into it. I had told him to just go out and if he saw something that just made him think "OH! That reminds me of her!" to just get that. And it's exactly what he did and it showed that he knows me inside out, which means more than any old expensive gift.

So to conclude: gifts don't need to be expensive :) In fact (at least for me) it's the total opposite!

2|1
    0|0
  • LESS THAN $100 ?!?! YOU SHOULD OFFER HER A BREAK UP EXCUSE!

----I am kidding XDDDD sorry, but I looove to joke around with stereotypes :P XDD

Offer her a bikini :) . Or some lingerie (I personally love it!), if you liked the picture that just came to your mind once I said the words "bikini and lingerie" linked to your girl, and you think lingerie would be a better gift XD (for both of you, hehe :P )

If not, then bikinis are awesome :) , they're cute and if she likes to go to the beach that's perfect! (...Unless you live on the bottom hemisphere, then you're now suffering trough the Winter and there are no bikinis for sale...)

If you disliked the idea of the bikinis and/ or lingerie... Offer her some shoes. Girls love shoes! A pair of boots, sandals, snickers, high heels... What's her favorite type of shoe? Also, the color: does she like weird colors mixed up, simple stuff... take that into consideration when choosing :) .

Also... if you want to just give her a simple present and "be done with it", go for something she'd like and would, somehow, buy herself, if she had the money and was at the store looking for something to buy (something simple, like my suggestions above)

On the other side, if you're planing to give her a present that she'll treasure as something her boyfriend gave her, give her jewellery :) .

A ring would be my choice, a simple one, small and elegant :) . Other than that, give her a pair of earrings, if she's girl to ear them all the time (having pierced years does not mean she always wears earrings! I have my ears pierced 3 times each, and never remember to wear earrings! they're not my priority when it comes to accessories! You should think about what is hers -- mine is a watch and a ring XD I have had them for years and they were offered to me by my mom :P )

You could too offer her a watch, that's a good idea too :) . It's pseudo-jewellery.

Jewellery works awesomely good with us girls because we like to wear it and think about you whenever we put it on or look at it/ touch it when we have it on (my ring and my watch remind me of my mom, for example :P . She's alive XD but its good to feel her close to me sometimes... I smile when I think about that :) )

Think about what kind of gift you would like to give her, then, make your choice. Ask her mom for advice (if you know her), or your sister-in-law... or your own sister or mother or cousin or friend, if you're unsure and you're not comfortable around her family yet. Take a woman with you for shopping if you're totally lost! Some of us are great shoppers :) ; I'm the kind of person to get lost too, so I take a good shopper with me anytime I have things to buy (and yes, I'm a girl XD don't be ashamed; some people are good at it, some aren't :P )

You'll think about something :) Don't stress too much!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should just get her the spa treatment. If she mentioned it, then that's probably what she wants. A 30 min massage and pedicure treatment isn't too bad on cost. Considering she gets the luxury of both massage and pedi. Make her a gift basket with her favorite candies, the massage gift cert, the pedi gift cert and maybe a cheap little teddy bear and a nice card.

0|1
    1|0
  • There are lots of things you can get for under 100$. I don't know is there a prticular cookbook or kitchen gadget she always wanted?

I'm sure you can get a few dance classes for the two of you too.

Also you can kind of do spa treatment at home. Get some bubbly, some kind of scent for a bath then have a bath together and listen to some romantic music. Give her back and foot massge and if you can get some kind of body wrap

0|1
    0|0
  • Go designer you can't go wrong. Let's see

a perfume

a pair of sunglasses

a swimwear ( its summer she will be happy to wear it)

a pair of earrngs/ bracelet

a purse

Or dinner

as for the spa you can always save to bring her there some other time, as a surprise that oughta spark up the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • the best gift you can give to a women is a surprise home cooked meal and a poem written by you and cake chocolate cake you know what chocolate ice cream cake yum

0|1
    0|0
  • if you been together 1year or longer a nice walk on the beach, very nice restaurant dinner and movie to end the night, when she get home she should find white roses and the $100.00 under the vase. a crisp clean $100.00.

0|0
    2|0
  • Jewelry is always awesome. You can find some great stuff for under $100.

1|1
    0|0
  • Get her a pair of shoes or even a nice dress. You get a lot of things with hundred bucks. Try asos. Give her a nice dress. She will love it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd stay away from clothes unless you know her inside out. I'd also be reluctant about buying a woman any kitchen or home appliances. Although if she doesn't have one, a Kenwood/KitchenAid mixer might be worth looking at. I don't know if they have models under 100 but as a baker it's something I aspire to owning some (financially secure) day. You could get the top of the line less expensive spa treatment so they can't really give a bad service or offer an upgrade. I think 100 would be very expensive for a facial or massage. The only problem is she's not left with an object to remind her of you. Jewellery is always an easy option.

0|0
    0|0
  • you could get her a mani and pedi for under 100 go somewhere with white people working

1|0
    0|0
  • Nice pair of earrings

Dress

$50.00 gift card to her fav store

Dinner and a movie

0|0
    0|0
  • Something practical relating to her hobbies. Ultimately, it is the thoughts that counts

0|0
    0|0
  • Go camping or jet skiing

0|0
    0|0
  • Mexican fiesta dinner

0|0
    0|0
  • Coach bag outlet mall

0|0
    0|0
  • Diamonds

0|0
    1|2
  • Vibrator

0|1
    3|0
  • I always think something fun to do together, so like concert tickets or plan some kind of trip:) Stuff is just stuff and doesn't have much meaning but a fun day out is something you remember!

0|0
    0|0
  • How about just making it a special night? Take her out shopping, buy everything for her favorite meal, then either you cook it, or you cook it together. Then you can give her a good back-rub while you watch a new movie.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• $100 gift isn't something for someone 'low on money'.

Try this. Google some home spa treatments - most can be made with inexpensive ingredients - and learn some massage techniques. Give HER a spa treatment.

7|0
    0|0
    • Personally, I and my (female) friend who's reading this with me, would love this.

• there is lots of stuff you can do for under $100 I don't think your going to have any trouble finding something with that budget . you could do a nice dinner and night out for that if you plan it well , should be able to do a dinner and movie for that amount

1|0
    0|0
  • Lingerie. Win/Win.

0|0
    0|0
  • callboy...

0|0
    0|0
  • why don't you just go to the dollar store and pick up something cheapskate.

1|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes