What' a good birthday gift for a girlfriend for less than $100?

She's turning 28. We've been together about a year. I want to get something nice for her but money is really low right now.

She mentioned that she might like a spa treatment but that crap is highway robbery. If I send her in there with $100 gift certificate, she'll get a half-ass back rub and they'll dangle all of the other services in her face that she's not getting.

She loves to cook/bake, draw, dance, watch movies (comedies and vampire stuff), listen to music (dubstep), go to the beach, and spend time with friends & family.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I went with the box of her favorite stuff: I made her 2 CDs of her favorite music (all new stuff), a DVD of the whole last season of her favorite TV show TrueBlood, a couple of bags of her favorite candy (Rolos & Reese's), a candle that smells like cake, and a t-shirt of her favorite band. I also got her a chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream (obviously the girl likes chocolate) and she seemed to be pretty happy with everything.

215

Most Helpful Girl

• You could get a lot of little things and put them in like a "gift basket" type of thing for her. I think that would be sweet and show a lot of thoughtfulness. Maybe get her a new baking recipe book, some new tools to draw with, buy her favorite movie on DVD or BlueRay or whatever, put together a playlist of some songs she really likes, you could always go on like a day trip somewhere like the beach or where ever her favorite place to go and have fun is.

Most girls don't really care about the monetary value (at least I don't), I know it's cliche but it really is the thought that counts. As long as you put some effort and thought into whatever you get her I'm sure she'll love it:)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE